Other Which pumper did you shoot today?

I shot the old 72 Bluestreak. This one is my original from new.
It has been through the ringer!
It went back to Sheridan for service once, while they still existed.
Then in the late eighties my son dropped it, and it landed right on the open bolt, snapping the reciever loose. So I sent it to Beeman for a resolder. It worked but they did a sloppy, lousy job, which eventually failed.
20210419_180257_IMG_0451.JPG

At that time I mounted the peep sight, drilled and taped the trigger guard for extra irises. I also added a trigger shoe, and at some point modded the trigger to remove creep. "I just replaced that trigger, and I'm test shooting it now".

When the solder joint failed I sent the gun to Tim @ Mac1 Airguns for the repair. I also upgraded to the Steroid tune at the time. Tim straightened the barrel and receiver, so that I was able to center the peep sight over the breech for the first time. Unfortunately, it sprang a leak and had to go back. The leak was right where that dark spot in the photo is.

20230212_170858.jpg

When I got the gun back from this trip, it came back leaking from the exhaust valve. So Tim had me send it back again.
On this trip, I had Tim change the front sight as I had ruined it years ago putting a hood on it.

20230425_112851.jpg

I got the rifle back with a nice sight mounted although it's a pre 65 sight on a 72 I like it..
Unfortunately the gun still leaks durring chargeing, and I am done with sending it anywhere, so I just pump until it catches air and shoot it. Once it has air in it, it will hold it foerver, its just getting that valve to close for the first pump.. I'm sure Tim would be close to folding this gun in half if he sees it again. Lol

Test firing the new trigger, and adjusting the peeps.

20240317_163508.jpg

It's. Shooting a little high with the sight completely seated at 30 yards, so maybe Ill set it for the 70 yard range.

In meantime, I wonder if a stronger valve spring might fix this guy?

Last edited:
The little twinge I feel between my shoulder blades today, tells me that my time is coming as well.
Extended sessions wringing a pumper out are what does it in for me. That Apache pumps harder than my Sheridan A, and I was surprised at how fast the Sheridans effort increased.
The Sheridan starts to increase in effort earlier in the pump cycle, but by 5 pumps, the Apache really gets up there in effort to get to 8.
I think that the differences in the 2 pump mechanisms may cause one to appear harder to pump than the other though. The Sheridan A pump mech. is solid and free from slop or wiggles, while the Apache pump mech. is more reminiscent of the Crosman 101 stamped pump assembly, and has some play in it.
Regardless of the above, the Apache is an absolute hoot to play with. It pops with authority, and a 20 ft. lb. pumper is nothing to sneeze at.
The late 40s to mid 50s pumpers are simply too much fun.
@ 10 meters i only pump 3 or 4 times mostly 3 , Sheridan Blue Streak .20

The little twinge I feel between my shoulder blades today, tells me that my time is coming as well.
Extended sessions wringing a pumper out are what does it in for me. That Apache pumps harder than my Sheridan A, and I was surprised at how fast the Sheridans effort increased.
The Sheridan starts to increase in effort earlier in the pump cycle, but by 5 pumps, the Apache really gets up there in effort to get to 8.
I think that the differences in the 2 pump mechanisms may cause one to appear harder to pump than the other though. The Sheridan A pump mech. is solid and free from slop or wiggles, while the Apache pump mech. is more reminiscent of the Crosman 101 stamped pump assembly, and has some play in it.
Regardless of the above, the Apache is an absolute hoot to play with. It pops with authority, and a 20 ft. lb. pumper is nothing to sneeze at.
The late 40s to mid 50s pumpers are simply too much fun.
google shoulder exercise's using a rubber strap . i did 4 different exercises every other day for 4 weeks and that was 4 years ago and i shoot springers and pumps every day . . or maybe go to a Sports injury therapy place to get professional help , just an idea
might not be a surgery thing , i had a slightly torn rotator cuff and healed itself .

Last edited: