Which PCP's can you hand pump?

Harv24

You'll be missing a golden opportunity if you don't read TMH's post on Page 1. He does excellent "real world" review of Avenger and Benjamin Cayden. Very rarely does a newcomer to PCPs get such a gift.

WM

Too late... I already did....And Now I'm leaning toward the Cayden. I appreciate everyone's experience and willingness to share... I'm even looking at a DonnyFL Shogun to go with it....

I shoot every morning before it gets too hot outside. Then in the evening, I do my hand pumping as my before bed exercise. I sleep well afterwards and I am ready to go out to the backyard range in the morning.

I almost forgot. The gun is an Umarex Origin, and it came with the hand pump. The first fill was more of a workout than follow ups since I usually only have to top it off from around 2000 psi to max pressure.

The Tatsu is a nice size. curious what the 1/2UNF thread means. Would the Cayden barrel work with the 1/2 -20 or is there an adapter required?.

I use 1/2" UNF and 1/2"x20 interchangeably. Don't know whether that is completely accurate or not, but different folks refer to the 'normal' threads on an airgun's barrel using both terms. Donny says 1/2x20 and he is an engineer, so I will go with what he says.

But to the root of the question, the 1/2 x 20 suppressors which Donny sells will thread directly onto the barrel of a Cayden, with no additional adapter needed. You just have to decide whether you want the 'bolt' or the 'cone' endcap:

IMG_1892.1624937247.JPG

You can see that the cone endcap is about 1/2" longer overall, but I like the look of it better on an unshrouded barrel.

Oh, and I notice I said Tatsu in my post above, but I meant to say Tanto. It is the Tanto which I put on my Cayden which is so effective. Mine is the .177/.22 size. I installed it because it was available. I normally would buy 'one size larger' (.22/.25) when I buy a silencer. Just to prevent potential pellet clipping (either physical contact of the pellet with the silencer's baffles, or an impact on the pellet by turbulent air flow within the silencer, which will both cause accuracy issues). I have had no clipping with the .177/.22 sized Tanto on my .22 cal Cayden.

I can hand pump my Taipan shortys and Leshiy with ease. Mutant gets the most shots per fill (tuned it for 16gr Hades & Exacts for 64 shots @30FPE, 129 shots @20FPE, and 180+ at 12FPE), so I tend to use it with that one the most.

Takes a little longer to pump up my 300cc Maverick bottle, but that little Huben pump is turning out to be awesome! Lighter than my Hill pumps and much, much quicker to fill with.

I hand pumped my Uragan ONCE!

530 cc 300 bar

1 hour later I ordered a chinese compressor. I ordered the 12v DC with the AC converter. Still out of breath after hitting the “buy now”

Ha ha, did the same after repeatedly getting out shot by the wife. I blamed it on the rise in blood pressure from the exertion. 

Hoping the compressor will even the playing field and the bragging subsides. 

With a regulated airgun you will get more shots per fill which is advantageous if hand pumping. No issues for me hand pumping a .22 Marauder but with the .25 Air Arms S510 I wanted to have a compressor and air tank.

I have been not checking with a chron and expect that taking my Marauder up to 3000 PSI made it less accurate and it would be best to keep it in the 2000-2600 range. With the S510 I can go even lower with its regulator and have the accuracy I need.

The larger the pellet the more air is needed to push it out the barrel at speed so a .177 would be better for general target shooting in terms of shots per fill.

So I spent the morning at the range adjusting power, trying different pellet weights and working up dope. I found that if I let it go to about 2000psi, I then pump 60 strokes and then let the pump cool. go check tgts, drink some water, etc, then finish up with another 60 pumps and right back to 3000psi.

It really is about technique and making sure you pause a bit at the top and bottom of the stroke. So the Cayden, at least in my eyes is pretty pump friendly. I can see a compressor in my future thought. But it's not as bad as I thought it would be..

I hand pumped my Uragan ONCE!

530 cc 300 bar

1 hour later I ordered a chinese compressor. I ordered the 12v DC with the AC converter. Still out of breath after hitting the “buy now”

too funny! I hand pumped my impact with 480cc bottle ONCE also! Got a good work out that that’s was it! Got the YH compressor immediately after that experience.