Which PCP Compressor To Buy

I'd just buy an additional tank.

Yep that's an option but in the back of my mind I always think, hmm, that's money I could have put towards a good compressor. 

I should just use a 0% CC with 15 month financing and get a pro grade $2500 unit but I'm not quite done paying off my E mountain bike I used the same financing for. Tough poor guy 1st world problems, right??!! I have even less money than sense and have a pretty extensive list of things I want but can't afford, lol.

And to think I have a cousin who's worth 64,000,000, darn she just wasn't taught to share well 😂 Its funny because she moved out of the country in fear Trump would be reelected 😵

You probably end up buying an extra CF tank or 2 anyway once you buy the $2500 Coltri MCH6.

I'd buy another tank since you got access to $10 fills. I probably wouldn't have Bought ANY of my compressors (perhaps only a Yong Heng with Wal mart 4 year protection plan in case of emergency) if I had access to 4500psi fills for $10.

The part about an extra CF tank makes no sense to me since you could top off one in just a few minutes when needed if you already had an MCH6.

I think we need breathable air for these guns. I'm not convinced that these add on filters are trust worthy in the long run. I'm also not a fan of water cooling and all inconvenience involved. I'm convinced that the vertical Alkin w31 is the way to go if you can afford it. It not buy the YH with the warrantee .

The Alkin has a really advantage because you can deal direct and the machines can be adapted to a degree for you preferences and for air gun use. Call and talk to David .

Ive been thru this stuff. Daystate 110 and nitrogen tanks. Something better might come up but right now if you are in the market for a compressor in the $3000 price range the Alkin is the way to go. I recommend them for the service provided as much as the machine itself.

Alkin,

Its reliable for sure but its also about protecting your investment, as in providing best quality air (breathable air) for our pcp's (often high $ guns) and our investment, as in resale. 

As the saying goes " buy once cry once" is often good advice. With my purchase of the Alkin, I viewed the purchase the same as when I justified the purchase of my gun safe. Protection and convenience while both were expensive, in reality, the cost of each was no more than the cost of one expensive rife! Yet how does one place a value on convenience, safety, and peace of mind!

Cheers

Alkin,

Its reliable for sure but its also about protecting your investment, as in providing best quality air (breathable air) for our pcp's (often high $ guns) and our investment, as in resale. 

As the saying goes " buy once cry once" is often good advice. With my purchase of the Alkin, I viewed the purchase the same as when I justified the purchase of my gun safe. Protection and convenience while both were expensive, in reality, the cost of each was no more than the cost of one expensive rife! Yet how does one place a value on convenience, safety, and peace of mind!

Cheers

Either filter type will work, but for airgun use, the "drying filter" cartridge is better than the "breathing filter" cartridge. There is only so much space available in the cartridges, The extra drying elements are more important than extra toxin removing elements.

You two are bringing up a good point. At our work we had 4 stage compressors that provided 3650 psi dry air to operate high voltage breakers. We took those air packages from the retired breakers and have made air trailers that supply dry air needed when doing work inside large power transformers to keep moisture out but have breathable air in a confined space. A drawback for some is how dry the air is for their comfort, it is dryer per PPMV than breathable air purchased in gas cylinders that we use also. But the dryer air is better for the equipment we are working on while being safe for the employees. A lot of testing was done to insure this. After vacation gets over I will measure the air coming out of my Alkin. I have confidence that the breathing air filters from Alkin provide satisfactory air for MY air guns but can put numbers to it for anyone interested. 

Odoyle, oil will not hurt my PCP, the only place oil could be a problem is where the highest temp. occurs. That would be in the last compression cylinder. After it leaves that last compression cycle , the HP air starts to cool. The oils recommended for these MCH6 style dive compressors are true synthetics with a higher flash point than petro based synthetics,, but if you want to breathe the air, get the carbon but my gun does not care.

If you are passing oil into the air stream(from your compressor) the molecular sieve will get saturated first, the carbon is down steam and it removes the volatile vapors that poison us humans

look at all the Yong Hengs out there with NO molecular sieve, I have yet to hear of an oil damaged gun from the compressor oil but if you know of one, let me know, 

I just bought a new compressor from Wesley last month and so far it has been working well without any hiccups. I have already filled and topped off three of my tanks.

My impression of this compressor is satisfactory. My second hand cheap compressor had failed and I tried fixing it many times and I didn't want to risk injury so I decided to invest in a better unit. Wes has been very helpful and recommended me to go with this NEW WARRIOR unit. I feel it was a very reasonably priced compressor with the features that it has. Hopefully this compressor will last me a year or more. Time will tell, but at least I am able to top off my tanks and continue to shoot without worrying about air supply. 

https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/new-warrior-dual-cylinder-luxury-compressor-4500-psi/

Nearly three years on my Yong Heng, repairs in that time were a pressure gauge that failed and a second stage piston that shattered. New 2nd gen piston that was beefed up still going strong. Use good quality synthetic oil, no #46 hydraulic oil. According to this vendor, the manual for the new Yong Hengs is recommending Mobil Rarus 827 high-pressure motor oil. It's not the same as oil for dive compressors for breathable air, but it is made for the stresses these little compressors can dish out. I went to the Mobil site and did some reading about it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOBIL-827-Rarus-12oz-Oil-4500-PSI-Extreme-HIGH-Pressure-Yong-Heng-Air-Compressor/274608618484?hash=item3feff2fbf4:g:uP4AAOSwVb5f0myQ

Nearly three years on my Yong Heng, repairs in that time were a pressure gauge that failed and a second stage piston that shattered. New 2nd gen piston that was beefed up still going strong. Use good quality synthetic oil, no #46 hydraulic oil. According to this vendor, the manual for the new Yong Hengs is recommending Mobil Rarus 827 high-pressure motor oil. It's not the same as oil for dive compressors for breathable air, but it is made for the stresses these little compressors can dish out. I went to the Mobil site and did some reading about it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOBIL-827-Rarus-12oz-Oil-4500-PSI-Extreme-HIGH-Pressure-Yong-Heng-Air-Compressor/274608618484?hash=item3feff2fbf4:g:uP4AAOSwVb5f0myQ

Ouch. That might be great oil but it is $19.99 for a 12 oz. container which translates to $60 a quart. I completely agree that even a Yong Heng compressor deserves high quality oil but that is the highest price for compressor oil I've seen. I recommend Filtertechs.com for oil. They sell the equivalent of Anderol 750. It is Secolube 500 for either $19 per quart or $59 per gallon. I bought a gallon which will last for many years worth of oil changes.

Odoyle, oil will not hurt my PCP, the only place oil could be a problem is where the highest temp. occurs. That would be in the last compression cylinder. After it leaves that last compression cycle , the HP air starts to cool. The oils recommended for these MCH6 style dive compressors are true synthetics with a higher flash point than petro based synthetics,, but if you want to breathe the air, get the carbon but my gun does not care.

If you are passing oil into the air stream(from your compressor) the molecular sieve will get saturated first, the carbon is down steam and it removes the volatile vapors that poison us humans

look at all the Yong Hengs out there with NO molecular sieve, I have yet to hear of an oil damaged gun from the compressor oil but if you know of one, let me know, 

Not damage, just BOOM!!!

Just make sure your oil is filled to the correct level, and use quality oil. I have never had more than a tiny spot of oil on my tampon filter of my Yong Heng. I also have tampon filter material in my secondary filter containing the molecular sieve, have never had even a shadow on it. Due to compression ignition, I don't want any oil in my rifles besides pure silicone oil.