Which pcp barrel is the best? IYO!!

Db... it feels like you're running your pellet over a cheese grater and the bore diameter varies tremendously. I've hung onto it, thinking I'll spend some time with a lap. Actually, the choke is crazy tight as well. Hafta cut that off....

I know AAA was using TJs on the EVOL for a while but not sure currently. He had his own mandrel made for that.

Thinking about it, one of the nicest bores I've seen is my Mendoza 15 groove 177. It barely prints on the pellet, super smooth.... wonderful shooter. I also have a BAM 21 with a phenomenal barrel. Guess there's almost too many to count . Have a couple of Hatsans that are quite good as well, but a couple that are like my MM - TJ.

Fun stuff!

Bob

I think the barrel produced by a factory with a selection and grading mechanism is the best。Because the barrel of every factory can't be absolutely the same。Let's see how HN and JSB produce pellet。They are selected by hand after production。In this way, the tolerance of pellet in the same box of can be reduced several times.

If you only rely on the production line processing, you want to reduce the tolerance several times, it is very difficult。For example, many people say use LW barrel got very good group.It's all true。But I had wrote to ask LW, They reply that they can't guarantee 50 yards under 1”。Is LW airgun barrel can not under 1 inch? Of course not.But even in 100 Pcs barrels,there is 1 barrel over 1".They can't guarantee that.because LW barrel have not processed muzzle crown and chamber.So they must not have chosen.Don't misunderstand me,I don't mean LW is bad.This shows that their products are stable.
But there are occasional bad one.means there must be excellent ones in a batch.right?

how we can found the excellent one?

Selection is expensive and waste of time.Because if they want do this! they have to finished this barrel perfact .Find a perfect gun.debug to perfection...........So most gun barrel factories don't do that.

Some top gun factories do this when they buy barrels and produce guns.So it doesn't mean that you use LW on this model, and it will have the same group on another model or brand.So the best things are picked out.Without this selection process, you are always in a range of possibilities.

You can think about what I said. Try two guns of the same brand and same model. Will they have the same group?

So when you choose a gun, You want to know how accurate it is.You need to know if they have a selection mechanism and not asking about the brand.

Db... it feels like you're running your pellet over a cheese grater and the bore diameter varies tremendously. I've hung onto it, thinking I'll spend some time with a lap. Actually, the choke is crazy tight as well. Hafta cut that off....

I know AAA was using TJs on the EVOL for a while but not sure currently. He had his own mandrel made for that.

Thinking about it, one of the nicest bores I've seen is my Mendoza 15 groove 177. It barely prints on the pellet, super smooth.... wonderful shooter. I also have a BAM 21 with a phenomenal barrel. Guess there's almost too many to count . Have a couple of Hatsans that are quite good as well, but a couple that are like my MM - TJ.

Fun stuff!

Bob

Crazy! Well I'm sure there's some that falls through the crack. I've had many other TJs and always been happy with them also. But nothing's perfect!

For the AAA Tom stated he now uses LW for both the Mini and Standard .22 and the HPS is his TJ barrel. 

The CZ barrel on my Uragans I had were some of the smoothest and small marks on pellets as were my LWs from my Edguns. Both also could shoot pellets and slugs very very well. 

The best barrel? Easy to answer, the one that shoots the best! There are urban legends out there about barrels. I was an active BR centerfire shooter prior to air rifles, and I gained a lot of experience with barrels. I'm convinced of this, if you buy from a recognized precision barrel maker, you will likely get a barrel that will shoot very well, but you might get a bad barrel. Unless you buy a rifle from a custom smith who will inspect and, if necessary, hand lap the barrel, you are at risk of getting an unacceptable barrel, it happens. I bought a Taipan Veteran after they had gone to LW barrels, and many folks were complaining about not using CZ barrels. That rifle is one of the best shooting rifles I have owned. I would not trade that barrel for another from any maker! I've requested and been granted replacement barrels for 2 air rifles during the last couple of years. If you go through the normal prep and cleaning, and a barrel still isn't shooting, give it up, it's not going to get better, get rid of it. It's worthwhile to buy from a dealer that has the resources to take care of that type problem.