• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which pcp air rifle should i buy , what caliber?

Welcome,
It depends on what kind of shooting you want to do. .22 is a good all around caliber for closer range (50-60 yards or less) target shooting or small game hunting.
Keep in mind you need a way to fill the gun such as a hand pump or a tank, if you go with a tank you need a place that will fill it like a dive or paintball shop. 
Evanix guns are usually set up to shoot with the first shot being the most powerful and then successive shots losing power steadily as the tank pressure drops. This may be what you want for hunting, not too usable for target shooting.
You should probably try and narrow down what you want if you can. Of course you can (and probably WILL) have more than one gun.
In my opinion it would be hard to go wrong with a Benjamin Discovery, Maximus, or Marauder and you can get a 25% discount with the Airgun Nation code by clicking the banner ad.

are there any restrictions in your country,, say caliber wise ,, ,,i imagine you want a pcp that can do everything equally,, plinking. targets. a little bird small game hunting .then you might want to stay clear of EVANEX ..sure there cool looking there imo used as high cal hunts1 or 2 shots to get the job done ,,they have no regulator built in so every shot gonna pretty much do something different ,, regulated guns shoot the same shot after shot and are much more consistant,,,,johnl 57 hit this one on the head take a look at the MARAUDER $400 u cant go wrong they have packages that have a pump,,if u got the dough get a fill tank u will like it way better ,,good luck

I would spend LOTS of time on U-tube for reviews. Steve fron AEAC has quite a few to get started. Just like firearms there is a range of calibers. It's important to know what you want to do to determine the rifle and caliber. If you are plinking in the back yard a .177 or .22 would work fine. If you are wanting to hunt coyotes you might want to go with a .30 caliber. Sounds like you are new to this hobby, so I might suggest a .22 caliber and look at the rifles that AOA has for sale. There are other dealers that offer other brands. A Maruader is a a great starter rifle and if you want to learn how they work, there are quite a few modifications that can really make it perform. I have a .22 Marauder that is my most accurate rifle. I also own a .22 Cricket Cabine that also is a very nice and accurate rifle. If you want a small light weight hunting rifle you could look at a Bullpup in .25 caliber. In the end, you will probably be owning more than one rifle for different purposes......... and because there are sooooo many cool pcps out there.