Which one, Vulcan or cricket

Can’t decide which one to get. The Vulcan 3 500 mm or the cricket 2 tactical ( longer one, because of the .25 cal) I want a bull pup, shorter the better. .25 cal ( I think) Wondering which one is easier to work on and adjust if and when needed ? Most dependable ? Easiest to find parts for or have serviced ? Both I am sure are plenty accurate ( don’t need long range) Would-like to shoot pellets mainly, but would like to try hybrids also. I really like the looks of the cricket laminated stocks. Which one would be your choice ? Or others to consider, not looking for any thing that needs to be babied or tinkered with all the time. Thanks and merry Christmas

Dear mate, I had the same deliemma an yr back, incl Impact. But, after reading hundreds of reviews I went for .25Gen 1 Cricket.
I have opened it over fifteen times , being a novice initially, but it is as sturdy and same accurate as I rwcd it initially. I have the HST screw, Huma reg and plenum installed .... that's it.
Both maybe same or for some Vulcan maybe a shade better, BUT for the .25 cal the barrel length should be min 600mm...
I cherish the golden words on the Kalibrgun Cricket and often feel proud for the Cricket. 25.

Here are some att .......

Best Regards

Screenshot_20221222-170045_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221008-094005_Chrome.jpg

While my Cricket is a newer Mk 2, I also have a Vulcan 3.
The guns are kind of similar, to the eye, but I'd go for the Vulcan 3.

The triggers are have different feel, but are similar. I like the Vulcan trigger slightly better. The let-off is slightly more crisp. The Vulcan is a little quieter, doesn't really need an addon suppressor, although slightly noiser mechanically when shooting.
More of a personal thing, I like the feel of the Vulcan stock at my shoulder better than the Cricket. Not that the Cricket is bad, just like the Vulcan better. Also, more of a personal thing, visually I like the Vulcan a bit better.

Both are solid guns. Can't lose with either (Cricket Mk 2).

MIke

I have no experience with a Vulcan but I've owned 2 Crickets (Gen 1 & 2 Tac) and although they are accurate shooters and built like tanks there are two things that I did not like.
1) The cocking action is clunky feeling compared to other rifles in the same price / class category. Its not smooth at all as the lever indexes the magazine. Sometimes the magazines would over rotate and would have to be manually reversed before you could push a pellet in.
2) The magazine change is one of the oddest I've encountered. It takes 3 hands to fumble a mag in and out of the gun. Pull a lever back and then fumble a new mag in trying to feel your way it into place, then push a pin, push a lever and make SURE its in the forward and DOWN position or the magazine will not index. Yes, I am sure other Kalibur owners are going to flame me but that was just my experience with that platform.

The Taipan Veteran, is very similar in looks, weight and build quality to the Kalibur guns and is a superior design IMO. Although rearward cocking too, its lever action is smooth, easy one hand mag changes and a trigger that is one of the best you will ever experience on any airgun.

Just saw this post: