which one is best air rifle

I make no bones that I'm an FX guy and a huge fan, and like others have said the Impact is an amazing gun and you'd be in love for life with it, but based on your description, I'd actually suggest a .22 cal Dreamline. My buddy has a .22 Dreamline Classic that he added the power plenum to and it's so incredibly solid, and basically half the price of the Impact. Kind of enjoy the standard stock on it as well. It's incredibly light, shoots lights out with the 18gr JSBs, and can sling to lightweight slugs if you need to. Just my two cents.

Hi Sharklb, the budget that you want to spend and how much you want to tinker the gun are the key factors IMO in selecting the “best” one for you. All the guns mentioned above are great guns.

here are my thoughts having own these air guns (22):

Daystate regal - accurate out to 100yards, out of box, no tuning, just feed the right pellets and weight. My case AA16gr. This is my go to gun for pesting.

FX Crown - some tuning and pellets choosing. Out to 112 yards with consistent accuracy. My second choice

FX Impact MK2 - great gun with lots of adjustability and power. But be prepared to spend countless hours and money especially if you want to shoot slugs. After 5 months of tuning, I finally found the right slugs n weight to shoot it accurately out to 80 yards now. Further tuning to follow for longer ranges.

so for me if I want a gun that is straight out of box and reliable with consistent accuracy, Regal is my choice.

Good luck with your selection.

+1 on the Kalibrgun, I recently picked up a Cricket Compact .177cal and with 5 mags at 14 shots a piece I just top her off with a little air and I have 70 shots to take with me in the field, this is a walk’N’stalk gun if I’ve ever seen one.
1585955976_363803955e87c4884f1be1.21361143.jpeg
1585955977_2083668305e87c489e8e7a8.51799092.jpeg

I’ll chime in on some things I’ve learned. I have a .22 Steyr Hunting 5 semi-auto. It’s a standard rifle configuration and you have a 5 round mag as fast as you can pull the trigger. This is important because as the distances get greater, the greater wind effects the .22’s. With the semi auto, you can watch near misses and correct for a super quick second shot. These are ranges at 100+ yards. Closer than that it’s pretty spot on. It’s light, carries well and points phenomenally. I don’t usually hunt by stalking, but when I do, it does so well. Normally I just pick a spot with my Caldwell Deadshot tripod and shoot from there awhile. From a rest, it’s easy as it’s pretty light. There’s also a scout version that’s shorter and lighter. It’s a simple design that’s almost trouble free. You will need to buy an adapter for a moderator because it’s a little loud without one. But it’s been a lot of fun for a lot of pellets and not fun for a whole lotta ground squirrels.