• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A which one in .30 ? fx maveric vp 600 , dynamic 600 or ??

well i get tired of problems and low qc of umarex gauntlet 30
so looking something that will work out of box
targets 100m or even 200+ if 100 become less fun :)
anything else in that price range 1400-1800 ?
thanks
what are you going o be doing with the gun? Hunting, target shooting, mixture of both? Shooting pellets or slugs?
I am staying with the Maverick and Dynamic choice as I have experience with both
If you are shooting from a bench and punching targets either or would do a fine job. Out hunting and I am all over the Maverick. I do not like std rifle platform guns for hunting. The Maverick develops good power and is an easily tuned gun. The Dynamic is easy to tune and makes very good power, it just costs more and is ungodly long compared to the Maverick making it a pain out hunting

Reactions: ccfly
what are you going o be doing with the gun? Hunting, target shooting, mixture of both? Shooting pellets or slugs?
I am staying with the Maverick and Dynamic choice as I have experience with both
If you are shooting from a bench and punching targets either or would do a fine job. Out hunting and I am all over the Maverick. I do not like std rifle platform guns for hunting. The Maverick develops good power and is an easily tuned gun. The Dynamic is easy to tune and makes very good power, it just costs more and is ungodly long compared to the Maverick making it a pain out hunting
so they have same precision ? maverick and dynamic ?
power vise for slug and longer targets which is better (planning to get 600mm ) ?

for hunting i use powder rifles ,air gun will be bench and targets only
but idea is stretch it to 150 m, or even more if it is possible

so they have same precision ? maverick and dynamic ?
power vise for slug and longer targets which is better (planning to get 600mm ) ?

for hunting i use powder rifles ,air gun will be bench and targets only
but idea is stretch it to 150 m, or even more if it is possible
if you plan to shoot slugs and you also want performance for long distances, dynamic is better, although I would choose 700mm, but 600mm is a compromise. it's definitely a better choice than Maverick because you only buy a heavier hammer for the dynamic and you're taken care of. Of course, if you want to have a higher shoot count, buy a front reduction from saber tactical and you won't lose the front bar. I have it myself and I am satisfied with both the performance and the number of shots per fill. you just need to have a good time with the settings and tuning and find out which slug works best for you. personally, I preferred to go with my own type of slug, which works the best and is made directly for my dynamic.

Reactions: darylm and ccfly
what you mean your own slug ?
you have mold for it ?
oh yea what slug weight in .30 dynamic "love" ?

IMG_20231018_140254.jpg
such slugs. I made a die and a press so I could make them at home. for now they are G5 shape to G7 shape, I still need to solve the outer bevel of the projectile.

just what I'm making, I made it for my 1:16 slug liner, just the fx for these liners uses hard choke which is wrong, so that's why I own slugs. diameter is 6.33 and length 12.95mm ballistic coefficient in worst conditions high humidity 95% bad pressure etc. is 0.22 in ideal conditions is 0.39 and classic conditions 0.29 it is rounded to two decimal places. for calculations I use 0.27 at 290ms. measured in different conditions on two chronos. one at the barrel and the other at the target at a distance of 86m

Last edited:
I have the maverick in .25 and the dynamic in .30. Both 700 mm. Both are very good guns, shoot very good and with the heavier hammers produce lots of power. If length is not an issue Id go dynamic.
I might add, the maverick is much better if you tension the barrel as it is plagued by the more flimsy barrel issues that fx guns have. The dynamic doesn’t have that problem.