• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which model of Yong Heng to get?

Package came in today. Typical seller creating a label instantly but took 4 days for Fedex to actually receive/scan it. Once in fedex hands it was 24 hours to me. Yes they had their way with the box, no visible internal damage.

No Yong Heng identifying marks on the outside of the package. But once opened up Yongyiheng started to show.

Looks authentic from what I can tell. Pipe bends into compression fittings look OK. I will go thru it later today, check all nuts, bolts, and screws. Start to figure out my cooling system and electric fan. Can’t run it for a few days, still waiting on seco lube which is in transit from Florida. Don’t have an ETA yet UPS tracking sucks too.

View attachment 322189View attachment 322190View attachment 322191View attachment 322192View attachment 322193View attachment 322194View attachment 322195View attachment 322196
Heavyopp

When you get around to installing the temp sensor to the cylinder head, let me know how snug was the fit. The only thing that I had to remedy on mine was the probe wouldn't fit so I reamed it out a bit and the problem was solved.

-PJ

Test run — Seco lube came in today so I made the time for a test set up and run.

pulled the cover and tightened up all the bolts. Checked all air lines. Only really loose bolts where on the faceplate/oil reservoir cover. Snugged them up.

Filled my 2 liter bottle from 200 bar to 300 bar in 4 minutes. This fill would take me 30 to 40 minutes with my Gx2 and have to be done in 3 stages with cool down time in between each stage.

Pelletjunky — temp probe slides in easily, maybe even too easily.

Definitely need an electric fan in place of the fan driven by the arbor. Will certainly help with some real airflow thru the housing and lower, cast iron head.

This ebay compressor get the thumbs up from me.

4BCD18D1-880A-4CCD-8BF4-C1DCD6990403.jpeg

Reactions: Clear Fork
I feel like that YONGHIHENG PNEUMATIC placard gets a lot more credit than it deserves. Especially in the context of a "real" Yong Heng.

I'm away from home right now so can't verify but I think I remember that on mine the plate is just held on by two sided sticky tape. Would be mighty easy for that to be slapped on the side of any blue cased similar looked compressor.

From what I've gleaned about the Chinese business model, they'll make anything, for a price. The more a contracting company is willing to pay, the higher the quality can be, but it's still the same factory or Chinese business entity cranking them out. Simply another "run" with tighter or looser specs and slight differences in exterior appearance. Some contracted out runs get the YONGHIHENG placard slapped on the side, other runs don't.

If we were to ever be able to trace back origin to an actual location in China, I suspect that Vevor, YONGHIHENG, GSX, etc, etc, etc are all coming out of the same plant.

Similar can be seen with "Made in China" scopes.... lots of suspicious similarities from certain supposedly unrelated scope companies.
Look At the Spelling there is an I that is not on my Yong Heng // Water Cooled

I use the $240.00 one offered on Amazon and haven't had any issues with it, though it has a couple of features I don't use, like the auto shut off and the Celsius temp gauge. I monitor my pressures and use a laser temp hand held.

View attachment 323523
SplitSecond

Can you tell us a bit about your water cooling setup?

-PJ

SplitSecond

Can you tell us a bit about your water cooling setup?

-PJ
I use automotive 50/50 standard premixed coolant. I have a reservoir mounted at the highest point piped to a fountain water pump, piped to a Derale intercooler with twin fans, piped to a radiator tank, piped through the air compressor, then to the flow meter and back to the reservoir. Most important to mount the reservoir higher than the water pump so it self primes and all the air in the system goes up to the reservoir tank.

Heavyopp

When you get around to installing the temp sensor to the cylinder head, let me know how snug was the fit. The only thing that I had to remedy on mine was the probe wouldn't fit so I reamed it out a bit and the problem was solved.

-PJ
Just delete that temp gauge and use a hand held laser temp gauge. They are cheap now and you can measure the entire unit as well.

I use the $240.00 one offered on Amazon and haven't had any issues with it, though it has a couple of features I don't use, like the auto shut off and the Celsius temp gauge. I monitor my pressures and use a laser temp hand held.

View attachment 323523
I would love to see a schematic of this system. I can't follow all the piping and not sure of all the components. Looks very professional!

I would love to see a schematic of this system. I can't follow all the piping and not sure of all the components. Looks very professional!
There really isn't a schematic drawn up. I just looked at what bits and bobs I had laying around, thought about what I wanted, layer it all out on the floor and started assembling. What was most important was placement of the reservoir tank in relation to the circulation pump as you want that to self prime and you want all the air in the system to flow up and into the reservoir. However, I can certainly post a parts list by screen shooting my purchases from Amazon and Ebay. Some pieces I had on hand, like the intercooler and fittings...

Second set of photos are in order of placement on the compressor side. From intake negative pressure moisture cannister to compressor to high pressure oil moisture filter to storage tank. Make sure to use a couple of one way check valves in the lines for safety.

Some of these parts I had on the shelf not being used, I just looked them up on ebay and Amazon for you. Prices will vary up or down. I installed bleeder valves/gauges followed by 2 check valves in case of line blowout will only empty one section of line instead of the entire 4500psi system blowing out. The check valves stop that from happening.

Thanks for that!! Very grateful!
Oh, I took that photo as I was completing the assembly and there is a section of hose not yet connected. From the small pump (gold fitting center bottom) to the intercooler with the fans (red fitting lower right). This may have made tracing the lines difficult when the line isn't yet there. LOL!

20230117_190156.jpg