• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which model of Yong Heng to get?

I’m doing the same thing, figuring out which one to buy.

1 thing I notice is the smarketbuy unit never says yong heng in entire add although picture has yong heng on side of compressor. Shipping is from smarketbuy and not amazon, where does that leave us with a return if not a yong heng or a DOA unit.

There are a few of them shipped by amazon. They are all more costly. They also actually say yong heng somewhere in the add.

Heavyopp,
Can't argue with anything you said. Best-homepro (Ebay) sold authentics to many, last checked was sold-out. Smarketbuy has been reported to sell the real deal by a few trusted members, that works for me. Advertising statements and photos are all over the place, can't be relied upon, if a member (Clear Forks) reports a "YONGYIHENG" on a "smarketbuy" compressor ID plate, that trumps all advertising, IMO. Warranty and return policies need to be researched. WM

Reactions: Clear Fork
Hi WM,

Seems like you're the local resident on the Young Hengs. The ebay seller doesn't have any in stock but Amazon seller "smarketbuy" does. Should I wait for best-homepro to restock or will the Amazon seller gave the authentic version?

Thanks,
Tai
tywynn

I purchased what I believe is an authentic YH based on the ID Plate verification of my compressor from this Ebay seller:

They state they have inventory in the US (it arrived in 3-4 days) and that it comes with a lifetime warranty (yeah I am not holding my breath), but it is part of their advertising. I posted my results and experience with the compressor here:

I now have a little under 4 hours runtime on it, but so far it has worked without any issue.

-PJ

Reactions: tywynn
I just purchased the yong heng linked above by pelletjunky off ebay. I used the make an offer option last night. Offered $215 and they accepted. Total with tax is $229.24 to my door.

I had been watching this seller because of Pelletjunkies thread also listed above. That particular ebay seller says they have locations on the east and west coast of the USA. Their east coast location is 30 minutes from home. They also state in their add that they pay for return shipping if you get a dud.

lifetime warranty is also stated but not gonna hold my breathe on that one.

I should have it early next week.

I just purchased the yong heng linked above by pelletjunky off ebay. I used the make an offer option last night. Offered $215 and they accepted. Total with tax is $229.24 to my door.

I had been watching this seller because of Pelletjunkies thread also listed above. That particular ebay seller says they have locations on the east and west coast of the USA. Their east coast location is 30 minutes from home. They also state in their add that they pay for return shipping if you get a dud.

lifetime warranty is also stated but not gonna hold my breathe on that one.

I should have it early next week.
Can you give us an update once you receive it?

Kind of like the Wild West out there, be skeptical of any advertising photos or salesman promises, honest reports from trusted AGN members are the best hope. Appreciate those taking the chance and look forward to results. Best evidence of authenticity is compressor ID plate (pictured) with YONGYIHENG Pneumatic Company listed as manufacturer and white "Yong Heng" printed on case. General appearance, though clones are often masterfully crafted, can also be a clue. Best of Luck, WM
IMG_20220306_111739.jpg

I feel like that YONGHIHENG PNEUMATIC placard gets a lot more credit than it deserves. Especially in the context of a "real" Yong Heng.

I'm away from home right now so can't verify but I think I remember that on mine the plate is just held on by two sided sticky tape. Would be mighty easy for that to be slapped on the side of any blue cased similar looked compressor.

From what I've gleaned about the Chinese business model, they'll make anything, for a price. The more a contracting company is willing to pay, the higher the quality can be, but it's still the same factory or Chinese business entity cranking them out. Simply another "run" with tighter or looser specs and slight differences in exterior appearance. Some contracted out runs get the YONGHIHENG placard slapped on the side, other runs don't.

If we were to ever be able to trace back origin to an actual location in China, I suspect that Vevor, YONGHIHENG, GSX, etc, etc, etc are all coming out of the same plant.

Similar can be seen with "Made in China" scopes.... lots of suspicious similarities from certain supposedly unrelated scope companies.

Couple years back, neighbor called me over to show off his new "Husqvarna" chain saw. Looked like a genuine, but "Husqvarna" name nowhere in sight. Proud to have paid 1/3 price of identical looking Husqvarnas, was sure all came from same Chinese factory. Year later wouldn't start, took to Husqvarna dealer for warranty work, was informed it was a clone. Neighbor insisted they all come from same factory; dealer replied anyone thinking that needs to see a psychiatrist. WM

Well of course taking a counterfeit Chinese clone to a dealer isn't going to go well, lol.

The point I was trying to make is that a Yong Heng is, by definition, a cheap Chinese compressor. There aren't any Yong Heng dealers. There's no authorized importer nor established retailer. The fact that we're often discussing which online retailer is selling a "real" one is telling, in and of itself.

The term "real Yong Heng" is humorous to me. It's an entirely different situation than the ubiquitous unauthorized/counterfeit Chinese clone that we see, from chainsaws to tractors to phones to etc etc.

And I'm not dogging on the Yong Heng. I own one and it's my primary fill source. It (so far) does what it's supposed to do, at a relatively low price point. I just "know what I got" and am fully aware that I'm working with a disposable appliance here.

Reactions: Camaro454
Ray,
That's correct, problem is you can't check the ID plate until you unpack the compressor. Sellers have been known to say anything to make the sale and advertising pictures can't be trusted. At this point in the discussion, I'd mention seller, best-homepro, everything he shipped had such an ID plate, sadly he seems to be out of inventory. Most will now purchase from Walmart or Amazon and secure a warranty, different manufacturers listed on ID plates, not aware of any "YONGYIHENG" listings on these, but I might be wrong. Wish I could be more helpful, but members seem to enjoy success with Walmart and Amazon supplied compressors. WM
When the gauge on mine leaked, purchased thru Walmart with warranty. I filed a claim. They gave me a little trouble, but in the end refunded my money and told me to keep the compressor. Removed the gauge, installed brass plug and it's been running for 3 years.

I believe the Yongyiheng Pneumatic Company is a real entity that produces authentic "Yong Heng" compressors. Inexpensive, dependable and designed to provide longevity with uncomplicated repairs, and inexpensive/available parts, should they ever be needed. I also believe every Tom, Dick and Harry Chinese manufacturing company jumped on the bandwagon when they realized the success Yong Heng was having selling to us rich Americans. Since patents and copyrights are apparently not a thing in China the whole scene has become a free-for-all, leaving us to try and figure out how to get an authentic product. A compressor ID plate that denotes Yongyiheng Pneumatic Company as manufacturer, as far as I know, can be repaired with authentic Yong Heng parts. ID plates denoting another manufacturer often cannot be fitted with authentic Yong Heng parts. Seems the "bandwagon" manufacturers copy designs and advertising photos from Yong Heng but seem required to list their own company on ID plates. WM

My first YH is now about 60 hours (purchased 2018 or 19 maybe) and doesn't have any sticker or name plate on it or I cannot recall noticing it earlier.
Along these years I also purchased a spare compressor head with all the seals and gaskets from aliexpress "original YH seller, the bill was very acceptable. Somewhere about last winter I managed to seize the HP piston ones and the cranck arm second time, both were my own human error.
The spare "original YH" parts were a direct fit, the compressor was back in the game in no time.
Also last summer I ran into a local deal and now I have a full spare compressor still in the box.
For the money = I am happy with YH.

Reactions: Clear Fork
I've read that the Yong Heng compressor won't break the bank and is pretty good. However, there seem to be a few models out there. Which one should I get? Are there any features to look for or are must haves?

Thanks in advance.
I will say to anyone who buys one READ THE INSTRUCTIONS… mine said to run the compressor for 2 minutes with both bleed valves open as there is “ slop” built into the compressor to make up for expansion when the internal parts heat up. I have had my yong heng for 3 years with many refills and no problems

Package came in today. Typical seller creating a label instantly but took 4 days for Fedex to actually receive/scan it. Once in fedex hands it was 24 hours to me. Yes they had their way with the box, no visible internal damage.

No Yong Heng identifying marks on the outside of the package. But once opened up Yongyiheng started to show.

Looks authentic from what I can tell. Pipe bends into compression fittings look OK. I will go thru it later today, check all nuts, bolts, and screws. Start to figure out my cooling system and electric fan. Can’t run it for a few days, still waiting on seco lube which is in transit from Florida. Don’t have an ETA yet UPS tracking sucks too.

C960AE18-18EA-478F-B778-68888B691D7F.jpeg
A862569E-D705-49B4-9DD4-5EBE61E16F0E.jpeg
A30A671D-6977-4930-B64C-087BE5632D69.jpeg
892AA0BC-E56D-4C17-822A-B06697532ED2.jpeg
4CD08D1C-6B9F-426E-B8D1-0CEB7709C4FA.jpeg
E96B15D1-FC39-4EEA-A0E7-805540DAC75D.jpeg
491F0FFE-BD3B-4B09-8C45-06CDCC7B823B.jpeg
36B53F2A-8ECD-4F83-A9D2-251E77BD37B5.jpeg