• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which model of Yong Heng to get?

Great question. I've had the same one here lately. I've been browsing amazon and there seems to be a ton of "different" brand or makes and models of YH compressors available. They are all blue with YH stickers on the side but some are so different in price that it throws me off. I'm thinking you need to be sure and buy one that is marketed or sold by YH themselves to be sure you get a good one?
But I haven't bought one yet cause I'm unsure which one to get.
Ray

Ray,
Very common complaint, seems every Chinese manufacturer is putting out a "Yong Heng" style compressor, guess they saw how popular they'd become. Don't think patents or copyrights mean much to them. Of course, with any clone, no matter how exact they look on the outside, it's inside where corners get cut. Very sad that our go-to guy for authentic Yong Hengs, best-homepro, from eBay, no longer had any inventory when last checked. This picture is of an authentic YH identification plate, note the manufacturer, you can see where the term "Yong Heng" originated. Best of Luck, WM
IMG_20220306_111739.jpg

Ray,
That's correct, problem is you can't check the ID plate until you unpack the compressor. Sellers have been known to say anything to make the sale and advertising pictures can't be trusted. At this point in the discussion, I'd mention seller, best-homepro, everything he shipped had such an ID plate, sadly he seems to be out of inventory. Most will now purchase from Walmart or Amazon and secure a warranty, different manufacturers listed on ID plates, not aware of any "YONGYIHENG" listings on these, but I might be wrong. Wish I could be more helpful, but members seem to enjoy success with Walmart and Amazon supplied compressors. WM

Ray,
That's correct, problem is you can't check the ID plate until you unpack the compressor. Sellers have been known to say anything to make the sale and advertising pictures can't be trusted. At this point in the discussion, I'd mention seller, best-homepro, everything he shipped had such an ID plate, sadly he seems to be out of inventory. Most will now purchase from Walmart or Amazon and secure a warranty, different manufacturers listed on ID plates, not aware of any "YONGYIHENG" listings on these, but I might be wrong. Wish I could be more helpful, but members seem to enjoy success with Walmart and Amazon supplied compressors. WM
The one I bought from "smarketbuy" on Amazon has the YONGYIHENG ID plate.

Reactions: WorriedMan
Looks like they have some in stock right now. $265 and you can click the coupon box for 5% off.
You read what the other poster stated about "anything to make the sale"? How can we trust the pictures we are seeing are actual pictures of the compressor they have for sale?
Whose to say they didn't copy those pictures from another site?
Ray

You read what the other poster stated about "anything to make the sale"? How can we trust the pictures we are seeing are actual pictures of the compressor they have for sale?
Whose to say they didn't copy those pictures from another site?
Ray
No way to know for sure. But that amazon reseller has sold many AGN members authentic Yong Heng compressors in the past. I got that info from a few different posts from "the other poster" you are referring to. WorriedMan is one of AGN Yong Heng resident expert.

Mongoose,
Thank you, kind Sir, for the compliment, I'm only a lowly pupil of the true Master, Biohazardman. Unfortunately, we haven't heard from Bio in some time, but we still have his "Fact Sheet" to guide us in the AGN archives. I have, and will gladly continue to, share any and all information I learned from him. Gerry52, by the way, is also right up there in the Yong Heng knowledge department, trust his words. WM

Reactions: MongooseV8
The one I bought from "smarketbuy" on Amazon has the YONGYIHENG ID plate.
X2

Bought from "smarketbuy" a couple months ago, ID plate present. I'm up to >3 hrs on it. (I kinda feel like regardless of the plate or the trade name they're sold under, most of these similar compressors are likely coming from the same factory).

Reactions: MongooseV8
On the Amazon site, is the adjustable auto stop worth the extra $15?

For warranty it says contact the seller. The seller has a good reputation
When I was digging through all the old posts regarding Yong Hengs I found multiple instances (and not all the same guy) where the adjustable auto stop caused problems. Some said it failed, there was one or two where the face of the gauge popped off, rendering it inoperable (cuz the auto-stop is built into a dial that's part of the gauge on that model).

As previously stated by somebody above, the "hardbody" seems to have the best track record. And that "hardbody" (with water separator but without the adjustable auto-stop) is the model "smarketbuy" is selling on Amazon right now for around $265.

When I was digging through all the old posts regarding Yong Hengs I found multiple instances (and not all the same guy) where the adjustable auto stop caused problems. Some said it failed, there was one or two where the face of the gauge popped off, rendering it inoperable (cuz the auto-stop is built into a dial that's part of the gauge on that model).

As previously stated by somebody above, the "hardbody" seems to have the best track record. And that "hardbody" (with water separator but without the adjustable auto-stop) is the model "smarketbuy" is selling on Amazon right now for around $265.
Franklin,
Thank you Sir,
I corrected my Amazon purchase to be the 265 model. I still got the 3 year warranty. Thank you for saving me some potential grief.

Reactions: WorriedMan
Ray,
Hi WM,

Seems like you're the local resident on the Young Hengs. The ebay seller doesn't have any in stock but Amazon seller "smarketbuy" does. Should I wait for best-homepro to restock or will the Amazon seller gave the authentic version?

Thanks,
Tai