Which is your choice? And why?

I want a new scope for my marauder. I have it narrowed down between the two in the picture. Obviously one costs more, but is it worth the price increase? Thanks for your feedback.

IMG_1200.jpeg

I would choose the Athlon. I have had experience with their warranty and they have been outstanding. It would be really helpful to know a bit more about what your intended use is. Hunting, target, FT, competition etc.
There may even be other better options out there.
Some are better optically but are bigger, heavier, or don't parallax down to 10 yards for example.

My 2 Cents:

I own an Athlon Ares 4.5-27 FFP and used to love running it on my rifles until....... I purchased an Arken SH4 6-24 FFP.

The Athlon Ares retails for around $900

The Arken Retails for around $330

Both have lifetime warranty

In my opinion the Arken SH4 is te way to go for a budget of $400 and under. You won't beat the quality for the price. (Very clear glass and the reticle clicks are such a great feel and sound, the actual reticle is thinner and a nicer design than most optics, and lastly the illumination is just the center of the reticle making it way easier to get on target in dimmer light shooting situations)

Reactions: Ranchibi
Athlon is my favorite current scope company. Great glass for the price, super service and warranty.

The Argos is a good scope, but does lose some clarity and brightness at higher mag. The Arken sh4 was much brighter, and just as nice glass, but it’s a beast in the weight department. Of you’re going to be shouldering your gun, you might want the athlon, purely to keep weight to a min. The heavier the scope, the more top heavy your rifle, and the more cant becomes an issue. If you’re benching or using from a tripod, it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: Ranchibi
You know, it's hard to say anything anymore without sounding like a jerk, or offending somebody that just happens to have a working copy of a product that experience tells you is bad, so I won't. There are videos out there on YouTube where people have taken apart both of these scopes and showed the internals and how they are made. Watch some of those and you will answer your own question. Everyone says that you get what you pay for with optics but sometimes you don't even get that.

Definitely the Athlon! I have both Discovery and Athlon....Athlons lower to mid tier offerings are much better made and their no fault warranty is second to none. The new Discovery ED scopes are fantastic though....but if you can only afford the Discovery, they are good bang for your buck scopes, still have one. Also look at Vector Optics and West Hunter FFP scopes, similar to Discovery.

Reactions: PumaCarl