• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which is the most quiet moderator for .177

1544136384_6002769435c09a6c0dda612.16727339_32CE0E43-DDBA-460B-85F2-85F1B567B1E1.jpeg
LAs the title says,which is the most quiet moderator out there for a 177 Wildcat?

right now I’m using the Weirauch moderator I stole from my Weirauch,and it’s very quiet. But it looks stupid on the Wildcat because it tapers at the end towards the gun,plus it has to go back on my Weirauch.

i have been looking at Huggett sniper, but I don’t know how loud it is.

Donnyfl I like his moderators, but they are so big and heavy.

are there others I don’t know about?

any help would be much appreciated 😊

Crusher and NoLand

thanks for info

i really like The Tatsu it really suits the little wildcat nice. It’s nice to see it mounted on the Wildcat then you can see right away how it fits.its difficult to imagine how it looks wenn looking at Donny’s shop, all I noticed was the Sumo and the imperior and they are big, but some how I missed the Tatsu😊

i already have the adapter for 1/2” UNF and I would like to try the Tatsu on my Weirauch if I get one. Who am I kidding I want a Tatsu I was sold wenn I saw it on NoLands Wildcat 😬

NoLand very nice Wildcat you got 😉

Coldair

Lol. It’s a little to much money for me👎🏻😄

Altair

okay, i thought the Donny fl would be a lot quieter than the Weirauch, if the Donny fl is louder then that’s not the moderator for me. I want it quiet but i won’t pay the price of the Huggett scroud😳

Mark

is it on only the moderator from Hugget you are running or the scroud to? Is the Huggett moderator more quiet than the Weirauch?

yes, I can almost get 3 Weirauch for the price of 1 Donnyfl, so need to do that wenn it’s louder.

The Huggett Snipe is quieter than the HW in most cases depending on which PCP you have it on.

The HW is very effective for its size and weight.

The DonnyFL (any of them) are much nicer looking and looks to be more durable.

The DonnyFL Emperor is the quietest readily available threaded on LDC I have ever used short of buying a custom made one and is by far the nicest looking but it is on the heavy side but if I need something absolutely DEAD QUIET then the DonnyFL Emperor would be my choice no matter the weight or size or price. I like them so much that I have two of them, one is specifically for a big bore.

I have yet to try a Huggett Magna which is larger and quieter than the Huggett Snipe based on sheer size and volume but I alredy know that it won't be as nice looking as any of the DonnyFLs.

CA

On the Streamline, I just removed the "end cap" and threaded on the Hugget. 

When I did a comparison between the Hugget and Weihrauch there not much difference to my ears.. Keep in mind that that I use "med" power on the Streamline for my hunting application. 

Maybe you can find some fellow air gunners that you can test mods on your rifle B4 you buy. 

Neil Clague. Made to order, light and priced right. Check out his website. Or, get a hold of STO on this board.

stoti

Unfortunately I can’t buy anything in the US, because of import taxes in my country it would get crazy expensive before it arrives at my doorstep,but thanks for info
1f60a.svg

How would you buy a donnyfl then?

Coldair

all though The Donnyfl emperor is the most silent of them all, I won’t buy it. It’s just to big and heavy and I like to keep my cat light for off hand shooting 😊

from what I understand from you guys,I think the Huggett snipe is the moderator for me👍🏻😊

Btw I have heard the Huggett Magma on a 30cal Impact and that is Really quiet for suck a hard hitting rifle!

Mark

thanks for info 

not many air gunners here were I live, but I will give it a go👍🏻😁

LDP

Krale in the Netherlands 👍🏻

On the Streamline, I just removed the "end cap" and threaded on the Hugget. 

When I did a comparison between the Hugget and Weihrauch there not much difference to my ears.. Keep in mind that that I use "lmed " power on the Streamline for my hunting application. 

Maybe you can find some fellow air gunners that you can test mods on your rifle B4 you buy.

The WC does not have the luxury of doing "lmed" as the Streamline.

CA