• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which is better?

All my guns are springers except for a Benjamin discovery which I refuse to pump. I’m trying to avoid PCP’s like the bubonic plague, but how can you when you see some of the shots their producing. 
I use them on squirrels and targets.
Again I’m into this for only 2 yrs. My friend was my mentor and with COVID-19 we’re isolated, my purchases were influenced by his thoughts’ until I stumbled on this forum in Dec. 
Most my scope mounts are Sports Match dampas, but now I’m told picatinny’s better. Well I have 10 picatinny rails now, and the dampas will be useless. Don’t like the direction this is going. I probably have 15 decent springers now. Already getting a good collection of small gun parts as well.

Now is a one piece or a two piece scope mount better?

I can’t thank you guys enough. You are a wealth of knowledge, you just saved me probably two g-notes by not switching over. Crow 

44mm with medium 2 piece rings leaves about 1/8" clearance for objective lens. Rifle bore to scope center line is about 1.75"

IMG_0363 New mount 1-18-21.1614040249.jpg

As long as there's a stop pin to keep the scope from sliding back from the recoil, I don't think it makes much difference. I tend to use one-piece mounts on my springers and two-piece on my PCPs. A tip- when you mount your rings or 1pc.mount, run the stop pin into the hole in the receiver and then slide the mount back till the pin stops against the rear edge of the hole. Then snug everything up. This helps keep the mount or rings from sliding back.