• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which Hawke Scope For Marauder F & T?

Found another deal better than half off regular price Tac Vector Continental 34mm 10 yard focus zero stop illuminated 5-30x56 regular $990 and DVOR has it on sale for $449. Specs say this one uses German Schott glass and weighs only 28 oz. Optics Planet sells it for $918 and $990 from Amazon.

The Tac Vector Continental 3-18x50 is also more than half off for $211 regularly $449 has a German #4 illuminated center for reticle for simple hunters who don't want to hold over. 10 yard focus probably 30mm tube.

Any one think the half price $990 Tac Vector nicer than the super heavy 25 yard focus Arken Ep4 or EP5?

That is a very nice scope. Adjustable rings highly recommended. I like the Burris Signature XTR rings that don't put any blemish or stress on the scope tube. They may be found for $70 to $80 when you search for the best sale prices online. Allows compensation for typical air gun barrel droop and also allows windage don't know if your barrel might be pointing a little to right or left optically centering the scope for the best possible picture and the least stress on the scope tube. You probably want the 1.25 medium but may be able to get by with the low.. Regular selling prices are around $99 to $149 and I feel It is worth paying $99 for the 30 mms if there are no other cheaper sales if you like to choose to buy from the places that offer free shipping after spending $99.

Second choice Eagle Vision adjustable rings for $80 from AoA or $99 from the other air gun dealers depending if you like to pay more money for your items or have a favorite dealer you are willing to pay the extra $20 to. These are not as functional as the Burris Signature XTR rings and don't allow for windage compensation for perfect optical zero.

Lastly the Sports Match UK adjustable rings with the windage adjust that would be the most expensive. ATP 90 $136 from AoA. They are taller than normal. Then the elevation only ATP 72 $114 but does not allow for windage horizontal just as the Eagle a vision dont know if your gun barrel pointing perfect straight and many at least need barrel droop correction so you don't stress the scope running out of elevation just to zero the gun.

Last resort there's the FX no limits picatinny at Pyramid Air $15 off $50 purchase coupon makes them $65 after discount oh never mind noticed does not qualify for discounts cancel that. Integrity at clamp screws may be questionable thus the FX is the last resort don't want potentially broken scope rings some time down the road. On the other hand the 11mm FX no limits no issues that I heard about yet.

With out adjustable rings many air gunners just crank up their elevation turrets just to zero the gun and you can bet a good many witnessed running out of elevation stressing their scope without even realizing what they are doing to their scopes.

If you are extremely lucky the gun might be perfect don't need adjustable rings but very unlikely. It is normal to experience this barrel droop phenomenon with most air guns regardless of brand or power plant unless it already has a built in 20 moa rail from the factory or from a custom gun maker who knows what he is doing or if you are just plain lucky. Just plop the scope on gun then perfect shot right at the center of your 30 yard bulls eye with out touching the scope.

Wouldn't matter if you were using a low magnification scope such as a 2-7x32 or 3-9x which have more than ample elevation adjustment and probably wouldn't notice the optical handi cap using up most of the elevation to zero the gun any way.

Some more knowledge minded air gunners bend their barrels to compensate for the barrel droop then they don't need to use adjustable rings or moa base. Shouldn't affect accuracy if barrel is bent properly.

I just purchased a new Benjamin Muraurder .25. I also purchased a new Athlon Midas TAC 6-24 x 50 with APRS 3. I did a lot of research regarding the scope/rifle pairing, including this thread. Now that I have the Maraurder .25 (synthetic) and the scope both being shipped, I could use recommendations on the best scope rings to pair with my setup. No sense penny pinching now this far invested. Thanks in advance for any input you are willing to offer.

I'm looking at the Burris Signature XTR Rings / 1.00" / 30m

I believe I'll also need this (0.24" height) adapter - https://a.co/d/bexe6Al - since The Benjamin Maraurder .25 synthetic specs indicate "Dovetail mounting rail"

Opinions on rings , height, etc???

Last edited: