• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

which hampster—ROWAN OR MAESTRO

The Maestro unit looks beefy. Though I own two of their butthook setups I only have Rowans for an adjustable hamster arm. I'd be worried about wear and tear leading to a loose/wobbly feel over sudden breakage. Eventually a Rowan will develop this feeling with heavy use as well but take longer to be realized. The Rowans lockup feature is what makes it the most desirable. Having used the two butthooks for a few years I can say with confidence that the plastic wears and needs to be re-tightened from time to time. If friction is used to hold the Maestro unit in place that too will likely need adjusting more often as well. Please remember this is speculation on the Maestro unit as I do not have one.

If you search field target accessories many options will come up for shops that have other and perhaps copied versions of adjustable hampsters.

If I may suggest another option, I HIGHLY recommend butthooks and hamsters from SubMOA Systems. 

Sub MOA Systems (the hamsters section)

It's a small Spanish company that shared its products at two of the Worlds I attended, and I was very impressed with Florentino the proprietor, and the design and build quality of the products. The website is mostly in Spanish and you have to use a third party payment system, but I think it's some of the best value out there. If you have questions, Florentino is most responsive through Facebook Messenger via the company page.

Matt

Reactions: O'Laugh
Mine is fixed. Once you like where it is on the stock there's no need to move it unless you disassemble the gun every match for travel. 

There is no disassembly required to install the unit. 

Also it can be installed with the lever on either the left or right side of the gun. Mine is on the left as I shoot right handed and find adjustments are made easier with my off hand.

20210404_152555.1622407701.jpg

I have tried a number of brands and settled on a MAC1 that I make my own palmrest for and "tune" the adjustments. I can make elevation adjustments for fine tuning NPA using cheek pressure without hands or breaking position. Try that with the one most liked above. I have several of the MAC1s all set up identically. In the end it is a personal preference and any of the above hamsters will not make or break your score.