N/A Which Gun?

Great review on the Airacuda Standard:

I own this rifle and it is really good.

This is why I was so adamant about asking what am I truly getting if I purchased a Daystate or Brocock? Not having one in my hands and shooting one of the high end models is a crap shoot. With that being said, which ever rifle goes on sale first will be delivered to my door.

I had a Taipan Mutant in .22 and it was a great squirrel gun. Long range accurate and after a different moderator, quiet enough for 2nd and 3rd shots. I liked the bullpup for the sake of fast pointing compared to the long guns. I ended up selling the mutant and used an FX streamline in .177. The streamline, although accurate, lacked the knockdown and knock out power of the .22. It was accurate enough to hit them, but often it would take a couple of shots to kill them. The streamline was more quiet than the mutant and was not as fast pointing. Most of my shots were in the 30 to 40 yard range. I'm now looking for another bullpup in .22.

Same old, same old, shots drop off and poi changes as the pressure drops.

Regulated guns hold poi throughout the fill.

Physics....
Do they though?🤔

Admittedly, a reg gives you more shots per fill but if you keep an unregulated gun within it’s sweet spot the extreme spread is often better than the average of a regulated gun. I have never found a reg that gives consistent reduced pressure across the full charge of the bottle.

Bb

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
I have 3 non regulated pcps and here's a what 2 look like over the Chrony. I know what one's I prefer to shoot. But don't mind the non reged pcps .

Origin. 25 cal . 25g slugs . It will do over 50fpe with heavy pellets or slugs.

Screenshot_20240408-114111_FX Radar.jpg
Here's the Urban w chps .22 cal

Screenshot_20240408-113928_FX Radar.jpg

Here's with 2 regulators . Lol The Maverick could have shot those numbers until it fell off the Reg . 40+ shots . 25.4g .22 cal pellets. Just under 45 fpe .

Screenshot_20240408-114004_FX Radar.jpg

I don't think even fairly high velocity variation like 40 fps makes a lot of difference for short range pesting or even target work when it follows a predictable path. Like my Prod. I know it will climb a little over the first few shots and then tail off more significantly in the third magazine. I can hold a little high early and late and shoot at least 24 shots accurately at 30 yards. For pesting I don't think the shift in POI is significant. But I prefer to use my 4 regulated PCPs that are easily less than 20 fps different until they fall of the reg. I do not need the less than 10 fps ES that they often provide but I do think 20 ES is a reasonable expectation even for an under $500 regulated gun. I know it is possible to keep an unregulated gun under 20 fps but I don't want the very limited shot count that goes with that. Both will work but I think regulated guns are just nicer to use.