N/A Which Gun?

Now I need go check out that Notos,..never heard of it.

*****EDIT***** ...Ahhh I see now, a 13 FPE gun

Ho well I was thinking at something different to kill pest at 30-40 yards, me personally would prefer a .22 in the -/+ 30 FPE even more for a newcomer to air,...... but to each their on I suppose.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Firewalker
You did not ask about a scope but I think Hawke's Vantage line is a great place to go for an inexpensive but still good quality scope. I use a 2-7 on my Prod and just set up a gun with a 3-12 for another forum member. I had an unfavorable experience with UTG and don't go there. For a little more, the Vector Veyrons are really nice for the price. I prefer the SFP ones which are harder to find but less expensive when you do. I put a 6-24 on my most accurate PCP, my P35-22. I got it from Krale for less than $200 delivered. The big advantage of SFP is you can have a fine reticle and still see it at minimum power. I like 6X for pesting and 24X for targets. The veyron might be overkill for a notos. A nice little 2-7 or 3-9 Hawke Vantage for around $100 should work great.

Now I need go check out that Notos,..never heard of it.

*****EDIT***** ...Ahhh I see now, a 13 FPE gun

Ho well I was thinking at something different to kill pest at 30-40 yards, me personally would prefer a .22 in the -/+ 30 FPE even more for a newcomer to air,...... but to each their on I suppose.

Manny,

They are 20 fpe guns.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
You did not ask about a scope but I think Hawke's Vantage line is a great place to go for an inexpensive but still good quality scope. I use a 2-7 on my Prod and just set up a gun with a 3-12 for another forum member. I had an unfavorable experience with UTG and don't go there. For a little more, the Vector Veyrons are really nice for the price. I prefer the SFP ones which are harder to find but less expensive when you do. I put a 6-24 on my most accurate PCP, my P35-22. I got it from Krale for less than $200 delivered. The big advantage of SFP is you can have a fine reticle and still see it at minimum power. I like 6X for pesting and 24X for targets. The veyron might be overkill for a notos. A nice little 2-7 or 3-9 Hawke Vantage for around $100 should work great.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with UGT, thier BugBuster 3X12 is short, light and amazing on the Notos!

Manny,

They are 20 fpe guns.
That is what the specs at Pyramyd say,
regardless more so for a newcomer to air I would rather have more power to flatten the trajectory since you where so concerned about POI,
more velocity and weight would help both at those distances and in possible windy hunting conditions,...but then again that is just me, but I would have rather had an Airacuda Standard to push 18-21gr pellets in the 900fps and with more shots on tap then that Notos,.......again, just me looking at it from all angles.........but I bet that regulator will do wanders and cure it all 😂

My first PCP was an Aircuda Max (regulated) in 25 cal. Nice stock, nice handling and accurate at 30-40yds with a UTG Bughunter. It sits in the corner now because it's too loud to use in the backyard with neighbors on 3 sides. Why is it loud? I installed a couple of different "devices that shall not be mentioned anymore" and the thing shot all over the place. I googled the issue and discovered quite a few similar stories. The fixes were more than I was willing to do at the time....plus I had discovered Taipan at that point. Way more expensive than the Cuda but it just plain works. Wish I had known about the Notos at the time. It appears to be a very well supported and economical platform to start with 🤟

That is what the specs at Pyramyd say,
regardless more so for a newcomer to air I would rather have more power to flatten the trajectory since you where so concerned about POI,
more velocity and weight would help both at those distances and in possible windy hunting conditions,...but then again that is just me, but I would have rather had an Airacuda Standard to push 18-21gr pellets in the 900fps and with more shots on tap then that Notos,.......again, just me looking at it from all angles.........but I bet that regulator will do wanders and cure it all 😂

Brother, at 7.9 lbs and 41.5" long that Airacuda Standard is going to need a helper to carry it and hold it up for squirrel hunting all day!

The Notos is 4 lbs and 31.375" long, oh and it has a regulator so it doesnt need to shoot at near transonic speeds. :ROFLMAO:

My first PCP was an Aircuda Max (regulated) in 25 cal. Nice stock, nice handling and accurate at 30-40yds with a UTG Bughunter. It sits in the corner now because it's too loud to use in the backyard with neighbors on 3 sides. Why is it loud? I installed a couple of different "devices that shall not be mentioned anymore" and the thing shot all over the place. I googled the issue and discovered quite a few similar stories. The fixes were more than I was willing to do at the time....plus I had discovered Taipan at that point. Way more expensive than the Cuda but it just plain works. Wish I had known about the Notos at the time. It appears to be a very well supported and economical platform to start with 🤟
Yup I had both and always suggested the Standard, not a fan of the MAX,
the Standard was accurate, powerful, light with great ergo

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker

I have 2 Airacuda Max's as well, BEAUTIFUL guns! I keep them on the wall to look at since they have wood stocks.

They are also very modifiable for more speed, more air, removable moderators etc. Beautifully capeable at 30-40 yards. A pleasure to carry around all day.

Damn nice pistol too!

20231231_155949.jpg

Manny, that IS the standard!
What ? ......I think you slipping 😂 @IKnowNuting posted he had a MAX .25 and I replied I wasn't a fan of the MAX

......Oh wait, do you know what the Standard is ? because your quote of 7.9 pounds was also incorrect, the Standard is way lighter then the MAX at 7.9 pounds

Last edited:
Can you guys give me an idea of which PCP rifles would work for me? I want one for pest duty at 30-40yards. I need it to be accurate, able to sit totally full of air, and not leak for months. I was looking at the Beeman Chief 2 but then read about leaking problems and I don't want that. I would like to stay under $400 if possible. Thanks to you to all for a great forum!
Get a springer

Reactions: L.Leon