Which Gun is best for Hunting?

“Which gun is best for hunting?” 🤔

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest one that shoots lead pellets and/or slugs with some measurable degree of precision and accuracy.

🤔 Yeah yeah, that would definitely be the one that would be best for hunting for sure. Best of luck 

oh, by the way, please make sure you give everyone a +1 accuracy point for helping out with your decision making. It’s the little + sign by the green dots under their forum name next to their avatar. muchas gracias señor 👍 👊 

a copy of duck hunt with the guntroller(s) and if necessary the, oooph wanna say n64(? if memory serves, which it may well not) to play it with… fr tho im almost as disappointed at this thread as i was amazed and inspired by the response i got askin about directly charging with a compressor. thats because i dont see a single suggestion of hunting some paper or cans, and i believe most of yall know full well that someone who asks a question like that if not steered straight will likely end up getting shooting some poor deer in the butt with the 177 gamo springer they bought at wally-world earlier that day… while its sad to say that is all too often the truth, and i would hope that in a group of people where most of whom im sure have somewhere around twice my life experience(23 years), that someone if not everyone would be a good steward, not only to this awesome hobby(and profession to some), but also to the sacred and ideally respectfully practiced(coming from someone whose measurement of the value of any given life is prolly much less than yours) art/discipline of hunting, and not just blurt out your favorite gun but take the couple seconds to let this guy know that hunting isnt just a matter of see it, shoot it(cuz the likelihood of the next step in that process of ignorance being “leave it”, followed by “repeat” is heart breaking blasphemy to anyone who respects and appreciates their life, the ground they walk on, or any of the lives that have allowed theirs to continue) so i repeat, one that shoots at a tv screen, unless of course you wanna learn to hunt but dont need the meat, in which case i recommend a camera.

Reactions: bf1956
"a copy of duck hunt with the guntroller(s) and if necessary the, oooph wanna say n64(? if memory serves, which it may well not) to play it with… fr tho im almost as disappointed at this thread as i was amazed and inspired by the response i got askin about directly charging with a compressor. thats because i dont see a single suggestion of hunting some paper or cans, and i believe most of yall know full well that someone who asks a question like that if not steered straight will likely end up getting shooting some poor deer in the butt with the 177 gamo springer they bought at wally-world earlier that day… while its sad to say that is all too often the truth, and i would hope that in a group of people where most of whom im sure have somewhere around twice my life experience(23 years), that someone if not everyone would be a good steward, not only to this awesome hobby(and profession to some), but also to the sacred and ideally respectfully practiced(coming from someone whose measurement of the value of any given life is prolly much less than yours) art/discipline of hunting, and not just blurt out your favorite gun but take the couple seconds to let this guy know that hunting isnt just a matter of see it, shoot it(cuz the likelihood of the next step in that process of ignorance being “leave it”, followed by “repeat” is heart breaking blasphemy to anyone who respects and appreciates their life, the ground they walk on, or any of the lives that have allowed theirs to continue) so i repeat, one that shoots at a tv screen, unless of course you wanna learn to hunt but dont need the meat, in which case i recommend a camera."

What?

Hello Everyone! I'm a new member.
I'm not sure if I'm breaking any rules here or if I'm being too entitled, so I apologize if I am.

I also think that Huben Is the best out there right now.

I need the help of those of you who know so much more than I do, which probably covers most people here.

My criteria for '' best airgun '' are as follows:

1- Got to be a bullpup, the issues that come with bullpup are not really there when it comes to air guns. I would stay away from the when it comes to ''fire'' guns but would only ever get air shooters in bullpup; you need that barrel length without having to handle a 6'' gun.

2- very powerful, taking 35+ grains above 100fps powerful.

3- extremely and reproducibly accurate.

4- preferably but not exclusively semi auto, but definitely not big bore single loaders.

Is there any gun that can beat Huben?
because some issues really bug me when it comes to huben K1

1- small tank, with the gauge right under the muzzle nonetheless LOL

2- fixed mag, but I guess that's a necessary tradeoff if you want hammerless and accurate, since the mag is basically the breech. So the level of precision required does not leave room for a swappable mag.

3- Maybe, just maybe a bit longer barrel than 50cm for some more power. those slugs should go supersonic If Huben put like 10cm on that barrel.

-it's great that they are not being like FX with a new MK every 5 months. That's extremely respectable. But there are actual Issue to fix here.

I thought I'd have more on the negative side but no. Huben is just too good.

So does anyone have a bullpup that is better than great Huben? I woul

This is my hunting carbine, 25 cal. Shoots an average of 883 fps over 30 shots with NSA 26.8 gr HP's. Accuracy is very good. Not a Bullpup but light and handy. Whatever you decide on, semiauto is a plus for me when hunting. Not sure but your power requirements are going to be big calibers in semi-auto.

Jim

AEA HP 0622.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of ammo work best for hunting? Do they make anything that expands, particularly well?

I find JSB Hades in .22 , .25 and .30 tend to drop small game and pests dead in their tracks compared to domed pellets. I'm not sure how much they expand, depends on some variables, but I'm pretty sure they cause a much greater injury.

Another good thing about them is you can shoot the domed pellets and switch to Hades in the same weight and your point of impact usually doesn't change enough to matter if you suddenly find yourself with a pest in range.