which gauge should I believe?

which one do you think I should believe?

Well, to be honest, wouldn't believe in either one. And that would be the same answer on any 2 gauges discrepancy measuring the same equipment/vessel.

Till verified against a calibrated gauge (or known good reading gauge) its all just an educated guess, M E's don't work with guesses so thats just not me. 50 bar or 725psi is a lot of discrepancy.

Last time we had a similar post,, iirr the exact same 750psi less in gun/tank than gauge on comp shut off reads. Turned out to be a restrictor in the micro bore fill hose. The small orifice made the discharge line pressure high enough to shut down the compressor at set pressure because the small orifice wouldn't allow all the compressed air into the vessel with no pressure differential. The orifice created enough differential to fool the shut off switch. Well not actually, as the shut switch probably did see 250bar in order for it to shut down the pump. But If just a moment was waited to allow the PD to equalize, then comp restarted, it would turn on again, it would start and quickly do the same thing.

Just a possibility. Check your compressor discharge line for a restrictor/orifice. Never use a TANK slow fill whip for a Compressor discharge line.

jmo

Reactions: JimNM
Who gives a toss?

Find the sweet spot for your rifle and that will be your fill point from now on!

Unless you have an Airforce airhog then filling to max is mute. You will fairly quickly get a feel for when your PCP has it's upper point of the bell curve. Fill to that and note what the pressure reads on each dial. 150psi in each direction has never hurt anyhing rated at 3000psi!