Which FX or other PCP to get?

The Bobcat is really overlooked but it has the Royal platform in a semi-bullpup form. Took it out after prairie dogs last month and it was a joy to shoot. Actually had a confirmed headshot at 68 yards. The Bobcat has a little more power and shots than the Wildcat. It's also a little heavier but shoulders nicely. When going after larger animals the .25 Bobcat may be a better choice than the .25 Wildcat as it can send the 34 gr at close to 900 FPS where the Wildcat may not be able to do this without internal changes. Wildcat owners correct me if I'm wrong. You may be able to pick a used Bobcat up for under a $1,000.00. Lastly, the Bobcat is just plain Badass looking. As RWC123 stated, there are other guns that shoot well too.

See now I hate the looks of the bob cat, and am ok with the wild cat. But man I really like the blue laminated crown, but the bull pup fits my needs better. Damn I wish I knew what to do. And no I can’t get them all, hell having a hard time affording one. But which one, as it will be the only one. 

Glad I’m not the only one having trouble !!!

Have you ever had a chance to handle or shoot a pup?

I had a cricket for a year and traded it off. Then, decided to give it another go and got a wildcat. Needless to say, I don't own that one anymore. Both fine accurate guns, just not my cup of tea. Great woods walking but just don't feel right to me. Can't explain it, but it's almost like mounting a bi-pod too close to the trigger guard. Like the balance point is too far to the rear. And along with pups, comes a scope that's mounted pretty high above the barrel. Good or bad? You decide. Not knocking them!! Just not for me. I tried twice.

Have you ever had a chance to handle or shoot a pup?

I had a cricket for a year and traded it off. Then, decided to give it another go and got a wildcat. Needless to say, I don't own that one anymore. Both fine accurate guns, just not my cup of tea. Great woods walking but just don't feel right to me. Can't explain it, but it's almost like mounting a bi-pod too close to the trigger guard. Like the balance point is too far to the rear. And along with pups, comes a scope that's mounted pretty high above the barrel. Good or bad? You decide. Not knocking them!! Just not for me. I tried twice.

That is some of my hesitation that I haven't held or shot one. It almost makes me lean to crown still traditional but at a shorter length and I could change calibers if needed...

Royale 500 (.25) and Boss (.30) are indeed very nice and reliable guns. I've never been disappointed by any of those.

My impact MkII is a very nice gun too but will need to be replaced (magazine problems, reg creeping...)

I've also had various bullpups that have been real tack divers: 

Several crickets in .22 and .25 that are rock solid, very precise and always spot on, even after more than 10000 pellets through them :)

I then tried a Vulcan 2 tact (semi bullpup) in .25 which was very nice too (cocking lever forward).

And finally gave a try to the Taipan Veteran.

All these bullpups are rather "problem free" and a joy to shoot. Out of the box, the vulcan 2 was a little less powerful.

Edgun R5m Superlong limited edition, I have this and I can tell you that for accuracy, power it is excellent. She is hitting 900fps with 47g slugs I have a 200 yard range on property and she can drop a fox at 80 yards with no issues. Quiet is the key and my superlong delivers on that requirement, it is not heavy or forward leaning at all. This rifle has been flawless I go it a couple months ago has only 45 pellets thru it, and I got really lucky to get serial number 001 of the limited edition R5M. I dont know if there are any more out there Brian at Edgun told me that only 32 or so of the .30 cal superlongs LE were made. If you can find one get it! , silent hunter.

1566251846_11909466755d5b1b46477155.18075204_20190713_151032.jpg

So in that list of lengths, it states the wildcat MKII (25 cal) at 33”. Is that with the 700mm barrel they ship them with now ? And the MK II compact at 30”, only three inches different, is that correct ?

No, overall length of a Wildcat Mk2 with a 700 mm barrel (.25 and .30 cal now come with the 700) is 35". 500 mm barrel version should be only 26.5".

Another option is the Evanix max air bullpup. I have this in .25cal and it is lite but packs a punch. Follow up shots no issues, crisp lite trigger 9 round magazine fires as fast as you can pull the trigger in semi auto. Accuracy is spot on at 50 and 1/4 group at 75yards. I shoot 7 mags before i refill. Fits nice against the shoulder and is alraedy threaded for a moderator. It is not super loud but a moderator woiuld make it very stealty for medium game. I am shooting jsb heavys at 880fps. length is 30" overall, wieghs in at 5.3 lbs without scope. 

1566263056_6944396515d5b47109b2d69.41362922_20190505_185843.jpg
1566263074_13169929635d5b4722647839.09616199_20190505_185901.jpg

Wow all nice looking set ups!!!

im thinking wildcat in 0.25 I think it will do all I need and if coyote comes I’ll just take out the 204 Ruger, my main purpose is woodchucks and fox and quietness!

are there any other differences to think of on between 0.25 vs 0.30? I see it as 0.25 should be quieter, more shots per fill...

ok Pandora’s box here what should I do to fill it?

hand pump

shoe box

YH

or air venturi

scuba tank

It's not a bad idea to start off with a hand pump but pumping gets old fast. When you do upgrade to a tank, you can store the hand pump for backup. I would not suggest a scuba tank. Look for an SCBA carbon fiber tank that can be filled to 4500 PSI. 

Also, do you have a dive shop or paintball shop in your area that could fill to 4500 PSI? If not, then you will need to get a HPA compressor or Shoebox along with your SCBA tank. This is where everything gets expensive. There are also used SCBA tanks with a few years left on it that you could purchase for a decent price.

The other option is not a shoebox but one of the AV portables you can fill your rifle directly, from the mini compressor, and it will operate on 120 or 12 volts. It gives you a little more flexability as you can take it withyou and use from vehicle at range. AV has a fairly decent one as well I beleive Hatsan has come out with theres. These are not shoebox compressors, they are mini versions of there larger fullsize counterparts. and if you spend 250 on a decent hand pump you are already a third way to cost of a mini comp.

The Evanix Max Air Bullpup is discontinued.

Is that the new model that is discontinued? I thought it was just released. Or is it the older battery powered version that is discontinued. I was going to consider purchase of the non-battery model.

Just looked-The Evanix site still shows the MaxAir model but I see none available for sale anywhere.