Which Edgun Leshiy 2 Configuration to Buy

I’m considering getting Leshiy 2 and have an idea of what I want from it. 

• Backyard plinker up to 30 yds
  • Occasional pesting
  • Need to be as quiet as possible
  • Thus considering the Ronin with expansion chamber
  • 22 cal
  • Unsure if 250 or 350mm
  • Would like to have the carbon fiber tank right from the start

I’ve looked at the available configs at Edgunwest and the only one with the tank is the Python Cowboy.

Is this the right way to start or is there a better way?

🙏 

Understand you want to just get it and be on your way but you can order the carbon fiber tank for around $250 or so from Edgunshop; I got mine from there and delivered in 4, yes, 4 total days not business day’s. 
Not sure if you currently own a Ronin or not but with the Donnyfl kit and the Ronin it is incredibly quiet. My point being that you can probably get exactly what your describing for around or under the price of the Python just without the handguard and moderator which the python comes with. On the other side of that though, is you would have the extra air cylinder if you ever wanted to go back to something even smaller.

I would also tell you to call EdgunWest to speak with them about your need’s and see what is in stock.

I’m considering getting Leshiy 2 and have an idea of what I want from it. 

• Backyard plinker up to 30 yds
  • Occasional pesting
  • Need to be as quiet as possible
  • Thus considering the Ronin with expansion chamber
  • 22 cal
  • Unsure if 250 or 350mm
  • Would like to have the carbon fiber tank right from the start

I’ve looked at the available configs at Edgunwest and the only one with the tank is the Python Cowboy.

Is this the right way to start or is there a better way?

🙏 

Did you see the posts from Stoutblock in the main Leshiy2 thread and one in the Other Parts subforum? It's good information.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/suppressor-for-leshiy-2-donnyfl-vs-huma-something-else/page/3/#post-1194074

In it he said that if low noise was very important then the 350mm barrel with the DonnyFL expansion chamber and the Ronin was the way to go. And he did compare that to 250mm barrel with the DonnyFL setup as I recall.

But as you already know the DonnyFL shroud doesn't fit under the handguard of the Python Cowboy. Or any of the handguards.

I believe Huma is developing a shroud but not sure if it will fit under the handguard. If it did you could use the both the handguard and possibly the moderator of the Python. 

I guess it boils down to what parts are sellable and what parts you don't mind hanging onto. 

I'm guessing the handguard and moderator of the Python Cowboy would be easier to sell than the lower air tube and factory shroud of a "regular" Leshiy2. 

Note that I don't own a Leshiy2 but am going through the same process myself. 

Thank you for the great replies.

According to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08XDH4ID638 

Installation looks straight forward. If I were to start out with stock, I would just remove the stock barrel and put on the adaptor, expansion chamber, and then the Ronin.

The reason I brought up the Python is because it comes with the upgraded tank. I don't need any of the other stuff and would have to remove them (hand guard, etc) for the DonnyFL/Ronin.

Based on the info, I think starting with the stock gun is the way to go and then build out from there. Thanks!

It's easier to constrain the noise generation of a 350mm barrel than the 250mm. Also, if you're only using your Leshiy in the back yard, the compactness will be less of an issue. 

Otherwise, it sounds like you have your purchase sorted. 

I've never had the desire for the big tank on the gun. The compactness is a big issue to me. Rather than put a big tank on the gun, if I need lots of air I'd rather tether it to a bigger SCBA tank in my backpack.

That said, if you get the big tank you might as well purchase a speedloader. I'm faster at refilling my Leshiy with airr than I am putting pellets into a magazine by hand. 

The 350mm barrel is definitely the way to go, especially if noise is a concern. I find the Ronin to be a very large silencer, and it does make the gun longer. I purchased mine from Edgun West with a Huma Mod40 and the short aluminum handguard. The advantage to the Huma Mod40, along with it being quiet, is that it is modular, and so one can swap out the modules, tailoring the length of the gun and the amount of suppression to get what you want.

I initially had some pellet clipping issues with my DonnyFL expansion chamber with the ronin,

I wonder if your DonnyFL is defective. I assume they are CNC. Maybe it’s slightly out of tolerance. In the installation video, it said to look through the barrel from back to see if any of the edges occlude the view. Have you tried that to check for alignment?

Jack Kwan makes blowback shrouds that are an expansion chamber and an air stripper. He has models designed specifically for the Huma or Donny moderators. I like the carbon handguard, so I have tested both the Huma and Donny versions that fit in the handguard (Mod40 and Shogun). Both are quite good. I personally prefer the Huma.

5372118B-9CD1-4179-9F9C-FA4B6BF14783.1646572057.jpeg
8428DBAC-97F2-42ED-B536-D89190B6721F.1646572058.jpeg

Reactions: magicmatt
Jack Kwan makes blowback shrouds that are an expansion chamber and an air stripper. He has models designed specifically for the Huma or Donny moderators. I like the carbon handguard, so I have tested both the Huma and Donny versions that fit in the handguard (Mod40 and Shogun). Both are quite good. I personally prefer the Huma.

How does Jack's shroud attach?

I ended up buying barrels and cylinders for both .22 and .30 in both 250mm and 350mm. .22 for plinking and getting use to the gun mostly in my back yard. .30 for using the rife as a more effective tool. Quiet is very important to me in both cases.

For .22, I found the 250 barrel with 250 moderator and the short Silent Thunder Ordnance (STO) insert was perfect for plinking in the backyard. With the regulator set at 100 BAR, it is more than quiet enough to not concern the neighbors. I get about 5-6 mags between refills on a 350cc tank and .22 ammo is cheap and available. Expect quarter size patterns at 25 yards with this setup.

This is description is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you for the details about accuracy. I have an AA S510 22-cal (non-regulated) and it is a tac driver at 30 yds. It almost boring to shoot as a plinker, but devastating as a pesting tool for my effective range.

Your description about quarter size at 25 yds seem consistent with others. The Leshiy 2 is one fun semi-auto, but don't expect it to perform like other highend single shot rifles (i.e. FX impact, etc). I'll have to take this into consideration in my decision. Why can't we have it all damn it! 😉

How does Jack's shroud attach?

The shroud slips over the barrel and is sealed via an oring to the barrel. The forward portion of the shroud threads onto the 14mm threads of the barrel.