Which DonnyFL Moderator for a .22 Air Venturi Avenger?

You might shop around. Buck rail has one for that model for the price of a tin of pellets also many people are selling aftermarket printed baffles, might work well and keep the factoryb look. Certainly Neil could come up with something, no reason you need the hip brand.

Also proper tuning greatly effects sound.

John

John - Is this all I would need or is an adapter necessary as well?

1/2-20 UNF Suppressor – Buck Rail (buck-rail.com)

The Avenger does not have the 1/2-20 UNF threads that most supressors use to attach. I have the DonnyFL adapter for the Avenger and a Tanto. It quieted my 25 tuned to about 48 fpe to about 86 db. I would not want a moderator bigger in diameter than a Tanto on an Avenger because you will not be able to fill the gun with the moderator attached. You can with a Tanto. If you shoot a paper target that sound level will be about 85 db. I thus think this is a pretty good definition of "back yard friendly". It is hard to get a target much quieter than this so why worry about a gun that makes as much noise as the pellet impact? 

I have a printed moderator on my Avenger at the moment that does not extend the length and does not need an adapter and is quieter - about 82db. I don't know anywhere you can buy it, it was sent to me by a member on another forum. I really like the fact that it does not make the gun longer like both the DonnyFL adapter and the Tanto do and it is quieter. I shot with it enough to know it is neither helping nor hurting accuracy on my gun.

I have a Buck Rail printed moderator on my Prod and it is quite quiet (about 76 db) and I think it is more accurate than it was without the moderator. Quite nice for $20. My Prod was about 85 db without the moderator. It adds significantly to the length and I worry about fragility but I am enjoying the nice little groups I am getting with it.