• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which diameter .22 slug to try

Harv, Just because I saw you mention .22 Cayden..... I'll add my experience with some NSA slugs from a sample box of 17.5 - 20.2 gr -.217 during one of my shooting sessions with my Cayden. These slugs didn't impress me - accuracy wise when compared to the great groupings I get from JSB 18 and pretty much any other quality pellet I've put through my rifle. No I didn't slug my barrel first,, I was experimenting. But just saying, these two slugs shot low and right giving a 2" pattern/group.

I think the addition of slugs for air rifles are a great thing, but from my reading, there seems to be many air rifles that are produced without the consideration to shoot both types ammo consistently good. May be just a luck of the draw type thing .... and also slugging of the barrel. ;)

Thanks for the info, I was hoping someone had already done the work so I don't have to go down the slug rabbit hole.

Well ... as stated many times ... NO 2 BARRELS will be the same !! In rifle with HIGH quality barrels such as HW / LW /CZ and a few others they generally hold a MUCH TIGHTER manufacturing tolerances.

With these Crosman guns you mention coming out of Turkey ... it would be doubtful that there QC of barrel tolerances is at the high standards of the above mentioned ?

IF WE ASSUME that there indeed within our common .22 caliber specs ... a size of .217 to .218 is the most likely IMO. ** More telling will be what YOU HAVE ALREADY FOUND in shooting pellets ? Is your bore Tight or Loose or ... what pellets does it like can be telling to some degree.

Scott S