• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Kalibrgun Which Czech

I have the original cricket. It is absolutely as accurate as any gun made. Hole in hole 50 yds. MOA 100'S
Used it to 156 yds w pellets. Haven't found the right slug or maybe it's the tune. Reg is in the tube , hammer adjustment rear of block
It is, as all the czechs, heavy. Rear cock. Easy to use mags but the will shake the pellets loose.in pockets.
I wouldn't trade for a new Czech because the wouldn't be more accurate than perfect. However distance is another thing.

What is your experience with the new Uragan, Vet and Crickets.

Vulcan Tactic 2 in .25, Vulcan 2 Tactic in .30 Cal, Uragan in .22, Vulcan 3 500 mm in .177, Vulcan 3 700 mm in .30 Cal...... All as accurate as possible..... All went with two perfectly functional magazines....

At AIWA a new Vulcan 3 HP was announced. This new rifle will shoot ONLY heavy and extra heavy slugs..... In .25 it's announced to shoot 30 shots at 130 fpe.

This new Vulcan 3 HP can be a game changer in regard of accuracy at super long range.

If you are not in a position mtomwait three months to have the new Vulcan 3 HP or you are not interested in shoot only heavy slugs, then Vulcan 3 or Uragan 2 could be a super alternative. Ifmyou get tombuya any AigunnTechnology rifle you will get a not someway to tune rifle, but a super accurate and reliable one for sure.

The Taipan Vets are my favorite pcps . Ruged, accurate, and powerful and built well . It comes with 2 quality mags and a single shot tray plus extra orings . If I could only keep one pcp it would be my Veteran Standard in.22 . Its hard to believe how accurate they are with a locked down barrel. Do manufacturers really need to float the barrels ?

I just got in from doing a shot string with my .177 compact. Shooting 10.3g JSBs at 40 yards I missed my 1 inch targets 2x in 62 shots. I need to use my other airguns more , but I always seem to grab the shorty .

Screenshot_20240305-165816_FX Radar.jpg
Screenshot_20240305-165721_FX Radar.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Franklink
The Taipan Vets are my favorite pcps . Ruged, accurate, and powerful and built well . It comes with 2 quality mags and a single shot tray plus extra orings . If I could only keep one pcp it would be my Veteran Standard in.22 . Its hard to believe how accurate they are with a locked down barrel. Do manufacturers really need to float the barrels ?

I just got in from doing a shot string with my .177 compact. Shooting 10.3g JSBs at 40 yards I missed my 1 inch targets 2x in 62 shots. I need to use my other airguns more , but I always seem to grab the shorty .

View attachment 442798View attachment 442799
I had a red laminated 177 taipan standard that I traded, still miss it to this day. 150 shots off a full fill at 18.5fpe and as accurate and robust as could be.

Last edited:

I personally LOVE the Veteran. There are some design feature there that the bigger companies should incorporate into their guns. They'd be better for it.

Does a Vulcan 3 count? One of only two exceptional slug shooting PCPs that I've personally messed with was a Vulcan 3. If I was in the market for an PCP rimfire (air powered slug shooter at rimfire fpe), it'd be a Vulcan 3.

I have the original cricket. It is absolutely as accurate as any gun made. Hole in hole 50 yds. MOA 100'S
Used it to 156 yds w pellets. Haven't found the right slug or maybe it's the tune. Reg is in the tube , hammer adjustment rear of block
It is, as all the czechs, heavy. Rear cock. Easy to use mags but the will shake the pellets loose.in pockets.
I wouldn't trade for a new Czech because the wouldn't be more accurate than perfect. However distance is another thing.

The new cricket for em was lovely shoot, except for the ping. Not too much in general but when you're used to shooting air rifles without pings, it is definitely something you notice everytime. Mine liked 18.13gr fx, and fx atomics, it also loved the .2155 Nsa 17.5gr slugs.

Truly, I think the Czech stuff gives the most bang for the buck. I've owed a couple to include Kalibr & AGT.
He!! I think the CZ handguns (powder) are the best out there for the price, which has me re-evaluating my airgun collection and why I have a Cricket Mini being delivered today. (oh boy oh boy!!!)

At this point get whatever looks good to you because they all shoot great & decide whom you want to be your support company, as in where to buy.

Reactions: mh
I wanted to show a size comparison with the standard , the shorty and a Prod carbine for reference. The standard Veteran is closer to a Maverick Compact in size. I don't think I mentioned how quiet they are . No need to spend 200 bucks on a suppressor. Also the weight of 7.4 lbs for the Standard and 6.5 lbs for the compact plus the anti double load feature that you can un-cock them on a chambered pellet. For the price of $1100.00 each new I felt like I got great deal.

20240309_152052.jpg
20240309_152718.jpg
20240309_153405.jpg