• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which crossman

Since you said "etc", I'll tell you about my Crosman .22 cal 1322 pump-up air pistol. It is not a PCP, so it's cost won't break the bank. I have two, one for me to shoot and one for my 7-year old grandson. They are as accurate as need be. Both can bust a coke can 10-15 yards away regularly, and even farther. The shoulder stock on my grandson's pistol was too long, so I used my Dremel tool and epxy to shorten it to half it's original length - now it suits him fine. To give him more chance of hitting the target, I toss a one gallon milk jug out in front of use and we have at it. THe sound of the pellet striking is pleasing.

The manual said no more than 10 pumps, but out of curiosity I went to 12, here's what I got with my chronograph.

I was shooting JSB Match Jumbo Diabolo, 15.89 gr pellets.

5 pumps (done twice) gave me an average of 362 fps,

10 pumps (done twice) gave me an average of 468 fps and

12 pumps (done twice) gave me an average of 489 fps. 

Some time has passed since I collected this data, so I don't know how the numbers may have changed.

The more pumps, the louder it gets. I shoot it in my yard all the time and no one has complained.

Reactions: JamesD.
If you're a paper puncher get the Silhouette 1720 is it? .177 cheap & plentiful, especially Wadcutters. Super Uber accurate at up to 560. Couple that with foam target paper? Heaven with 360-410 and 8.44's.

If you want power, a 22 Marauder pistol. 
I'm mainly into SSP pistol only but it's not like I wouldn't buy a Ataman, HW44, or a used new Brocock if I have an "extra" $1K. 
I have 9 kids. I don't have a extra dollar. Lol 

I have to tip the hat to the $2-4K Olympic FWB PCP 10m pistols. I would probably love one. Don't know. 

A GINORMOUS plus, is that a modified Crosman can shoot as good as any of the other ones. Seriously the best customer service in the world.

Ask Ron Robinson. How many 1st place titles he has with Crosman's should be a Guinness World Record.

The Crosman 1740 and 2300 S & P model guns are light weight co2 pistols and use the 12gr carts. The 1740 is a very basic gun and comes with a plastic breech and very basic sights while the other two have steel breeches and better sights.

The 1701, 1720 and Marauder pistols are all PCP based. The 1701 is the lower powered shorter and lighter match type true pistol that shoots around 550fps. The 1720 pistol is a bit longer, shoots around 750 fps the Marauder is .22 caliber repeater although very similar to the 1720 single shot shooting at around 700fps. Many people put stocks on the 1720 and Marauder and use them as carbines.

Most of these pistols have loads of aftermarket parts available for them and you can turn them into anything you desire.

.25 caliber

.22 caliber repeater

25 caliber

9mm

Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
1701P hands down! Also don't forget to order a set of Vernon Austin target grip and DONE!

F865BFDA-D612-4342-A6AA-D75F7F07F457.1622088682.jpeg