Which compressor to last you 20 years?

Bruce is still in business. He has sold his house and moved a little west of Fort Worth. I bought what Bruce is calling an Airtex Mini Magnum compressor https://www.airetex.com/aMM.php that Bruce is now selling. It is a Chinese copy of the Bauer Jr. but Bruce has control of the materials and specs his compressors are built to and they carry his guarantee. That was good for me.

I topped off 3 tanks two weeks ago. It took all of about 10 minutes, but two of the tanks were small. This one is 220 and I need to get a 220 extension cord.

David Enoch

Please explain what you mentioned about bottled nitrogen , for use in pcp? What are the benefits pro’s/con’s I have been into pcp’s for a long time but this is the first I’ve heard this , I’ve heard of people using other gas’s

Here you go....https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/got-my-6k-nitrogen-tank/

all ways a $$ cost. { bottle exchange}.no water in nitrogen..

I've read voids warranty..with some mfg.

.seems it would be a good choice..

Forget a compressor all together if you want quality air for 20 years get a haskel booster pump and a nitrogen tank along with an scba ebay for 900.00 to 3000.00

Benefits

Proven to be safe, robust, reliable, compact, and easy to maintain, Haskel pneumatic-driven gas boosters provide a number of operational benefits

• Safe pneumatic operation – no heat, flame or spark risk
  • Infinitely variable cycling speed and output
  • Pressures of up to 39,000 psi (2690 bar)
  • Easy to apply automatic controls
  • No limit or adverse effect to continuous stop/start applications
  • Seal systems designed for long working life
  • No airline lubricator required
  • Hydrocarbon free –separation between air and gas sections
  • Built-in cooling rapidly cools the compressed gas
  • Single, double acting, and two-stage models
  • Ability to stall at any predetermined pressure and hold the fixed pressure without consuming power or generating heat

It depends highly upon how many hours per year the compressor is operated. I purchased an Omega Super Compressor about 3-1/2 years ago and it ran great, with very minimal maintenance until May of this year, when it suddenly stopped compressing. We had put 431 hours on the compressor since purchased new. We watched Todd's rebuild video and then a few hours installing a new rebuild kit - it runs like new. 

We shoot a lot; just myself I average between 50,000 to 60,000 pellets per year. My brother is close to that. A single user shooting far less would see a much longer operating life out of the same compressor before requiring a rebuild.

I have noticed your comments on your super charger and I think its terrific that you..use it that much..love to see your setup..

inside or kept in garage are you using a dryer filter along with it?...cost wise same as a daystate.

thanks 

Affordable, easily maintained and should last a long time for its cost go shoebox but if you want speed and longevity the price will go up substantially say from 500$ straight to the 3500$ mark give or take a few $ .The whole thing really revolves around what you feel comfortable about paying for your set requirements. 

I'm my humble opinion stay with something made in USA, Germany or even Italy something in that area but China meh for me nope not having it.Im not saying they cannot make good products I'm just gun shy because of how much they copy/clone stuff from others.Ive had a few clone items and to say they weren't up to par for the actual item is an understatement to say the least, yes they were somewhat usuable but definitely not the real deal.

Lol ,returns good luck if it has to go back to china.

Just an opinion 😀👍

Bruce at Airtex is a great guy. He has made some unfortunate choices, though, in his small compressors. His early small compressors would fail at about 300 hours in scuba shops or even heavy duty diver's. He shifted away from his first one and went with a disposable machine called Nardi and that really hurt him. Now I see that he is using a Chinese one for his small one. Hope this one doesn't bite him like the others do. It is a shame since the larger machines he buys are a little expensive but pretty good work horses. Plus, he has one of the best service techs in the compressor biz. I feel bad for him since he had such a good start. I wish him luck.

Ray Contreras - Owner - www.CompressorStuff.com

Arctic, Alkin, Bauer, Eagle, Mako, Walter Kidd, Ingersoll Rand. etc.

Check out August Industries. They had a Bauer Oceanus for $3700 fully refurbished. Jim Sheldon does everything great. New Alkin’s are under $3K and 2 year full warranty. 

1573489761_13952222885dc98c61081348.91726165_8F68BC13-3DA4-42EC-BA38-048E814F6D74.jpeg

I don't know about AirTexe's reputation with Scuba Shops but I have never heard any complaints about his compressors from airgunners. He has as good a reputation as one could have for taking care of us airgunners, and offering us the best equipment for the money he can find. I wouldn't have bought a compressor from him if I didn't know he was good for it. 

David Enoch

Hopefully, there will be no problems in the air gun and paintball industries since scuba uses 80 cubic feet bottles and a lot of big bulk bottles that require long run times at high pressure for the compressor. With your small bottles, the compressors will not be at full pressure for longer than a few minutes per fill.

And again, Bruce is a great guy.

Ray Contreras - Owner - www.CompressorStuff.com