• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which compressor in the $1,500 range?

Everyone says to spend $3K and get an Alkin (or more for a Bauer) but I must say that i have been happy with my Air Venturi HP compressor. Going 2.5 years and no issues. I fill my 9 liter SCBA tanks once per week, from another 250 BAR up to 310.

Reactions: golfer70
I too own the AV4500 Compressor. I know it from top to bottom. I had a few issues, one very serious motor armature shaft break but somehow got it back together and that part is still holding up. I've probably had it for at least 5 years now. I've gone through several sets of high-pressure seals, but the unit overall works very well. Do it all over??, maybe not. I can't go the $3K route so probably a Yong Heng. Also have the F10 Shoebox so I try to use both pretty regular. Lack of use really hurts them.

TUXING PCP Air Compressor,Electric High Pressure Pump,Built-in Water and Fan Cooling System,Two Stage Filtration Filter,Auto Stop Version,​

good customer service, 20 min from 3000psi to 4500 in a 78cf tank. Quiet enough to talk near it, the usual garbage instructions.

Agreed! Unless you step into the $2500-4000 space of "Professional" level compressors, there is nothing that competes at the "Prosumer" level of the Tuxing model TXEDT032 that can be found anywhere from $900-1200 on Ali Express or Amazon (Most preferred). I've had good success for near a year with this unit. I just did THREE fills from 2100 PSI to 4300 PSI each of individual 78cf tanks day before yesterday at just under 3 hours total fill time. I do take 15 to 20 min. breaks on the unit between each bottle. I've changed the oil twice now with just over 11 hours use and will do it again on my next fill venture. (About 2 months) I have 3 Air rifles that get used frequently thru the month. TWO .30 cals & ONE .35 cal (Lots of air req.) So far, so good. RECOMMENDED.

A good used Coltri MCH-6!
A gas one can be converted to electric and Coltri supplies the motor.
Most diving compressors are rated at 3000psi via the over pressure valve, a new $100 valve will change that to 4500psi.
No other mods needed. They even supply a 330bar~4785psi valve!
Coltri made the first MCH-6 in 1956 so they know by now what they are doing and keep full spares.

I purchased a Omega Turbo Charger from AOA 2 weeks ago and love it so far! It was $2308 to my door, but feel it was worth it. I have the Trail Charger, it works great to fill any of my PCP rifles or pistols, but found it too small and too time consuming to fill my 75cuft cylinder. My local dive shop can only fill to 3800psi, so the wife said buy a bigger compressor and I did! :)

Another thing a Texan rifle will kill is a yong heng. I am in the process taking parts of one to keep the second one going so it is time to look for an upgrade. Speed is not a priority. Some I have seen like a yong heng with a lot of bells and Wisels fastened on top. What I am looking for something that isn't screaming its way to a fill.
speak of the devil