Which Chronograph would you recommend?

Caldwell Ballistic precision Chrono. That's what I use and I've been very pleased with it. So pleased with it that I bought another one in order to calculate BC's more precisely. With my old Shooting Chrony Beta Master, I would frequently struggle with lighting issues which is very frustrating. Whichever system you decide on, I would recommend getting an IR lighting system with it. 
Tom

I had a couple Chrony models while they was ok, seemed to have a lot of 'errors'. A year or so ago I got the ProChrono also got the light kit, or maybe it came with it. Well anyway, it is far better than the two Chronys I had. Even when not using the light , it works well. I don't know about any other manufactures as these 3 are the only ones I have used. 

I found a deal on a near new Oehler 35P and got it thinking that, with it, I'd have no lighting issues and errors. WRONG! It works best on cloudy days because direct sunlight and cloudless skies cause the very same difficulties that all the other chronos suffer in those conditions. Further, it's big and bulky and takes up a lot of space....takes time to set up (lots more than smaller chronos)....is costly....and needs a lighting system for low light conditions....just like all the rest.

The benefit of an Oehler is that it times the projectile twice in one pass and calculates the difference between timers and rejects those that show a discrepancy. It's like two separate chronos back to back that talk to one another and if they agree within limits, they validate the results. This increases the confidence of the shooter that his results are true, but little else. For most, a cheaper, smaller, less cumbersome chrono is better even though producing a tad bit less confidence in the results.

If I could set up this Oehler permanently as they do at the range at AoA, I wouldn't own anything else. But if you have to set it up and take it down for every session, I'd choose another. I may never sell my Oehler. But I'd kinda like to have a ProChrono or something similar that I could easily and quickly set up for a short session, and also tear down quickly in the event of an unexpected squall.

I own or have owned Shooting Chrony, Magneto Speed, and Caldwell G2 Ballistic Precision Chronograph. The Caldwell G2 is my favorite if you, like most of us, can't afford the LabRadar, or are shooting both indoors and out (LabRadar has trouble indoors). The Magneto works well but is expensive and changes the POI. The Caldwell G2 has the best lighting and is less likely to be shot than designs with the sensors at the bottom. It is not as picky about setup--fewer failure-to-read errors. It has a rechargeable Lipo battery. It will create a record via bluetooth on your smartphone or ipad. It is the best value/quality chronograph in my experience..