Which Chronograph? **UPDATE**

I picked up a labradar unit a month or so ago and so far have been quite pleased with it. It has worked well for me with springers, CO2, and powder burners. The air rifles are all .177 caliber. For the springer (diana m34) I find it better to place the external mic near the cylinder as opposed to the muzzle. I really like the fact that it gives you velocities at various distances, useful for calculating the ballistic coefficient of the projectile. There were some black friday deals on the unit, dropping the cost for the unit down to about $449 IIRC.

Right now I have the Chrony Gamma Master, it works fine but in looking at videos on the ones shown here I really like the G2. I see it $169 with shipping at Optics planet which seems pretty good anyone find a better price. I may just upgrade to one. I know I’ve said this before I have found over the years with the many others I have tried they all work once you figure out the sweet spot the bullet(pellet) Must travel through the triangle area, some are easy and some are pain in the asses. Most of the companies have poorly written instructions thankfully YouTube comes to the rescue for most of them.

Thanks for the input guys, I ordered the ProChrono Digital along with the bluetooth adapter and the light kit. I just couldn't get past all the problems with the Caldewll's that I read about, plus their reviews weren't as good. I know a lot of the problems are user induced but that holds true with the ProChrono too. Also the ProChrono is made here in the U.S.A., that may not mean much to many but it does to me.

I'm actually into this one for a little less money with this one than I would've been into the G2 kit. One of the constants I saw in the Caldwell reviews was that the tripod was not very good so I would've probably replaced it anyway. So the cost of a decent (pawn shop) tripod is a wash.

"Oregun"Like John, I have the Pro Chrono... no issues, simple and reliable. 
Here's a link, if interested: https://www.amazon.com/Competition-Electronics-ProChrono-Digital-Chronograph/dp/B0028MTBJ4
+1. You don't get fancy graphics outputs, but you get all the statistics you need without any need for another app on your phone which at some point will stop being updated.
It's just straight to the point, but with more data than the basic Chrony models.
The light kit is worth it.

That Caldwell one linked above is a nice chrony. Nice kit included. But it does require setting it up with your phone each time you want more than just velocity. 

I had the Caldwell Ballistic Chrony and it worked for several years, even after I shot it a couple times. Then last week it stopped sending data to my iPad. Still records speed, but no data output. I found the G2 on sale for $154 at Midway USA and got it. Looks to be a nicely built unit and with the sensors on top there is no worry about scope vs barrel height and low shots hitting your sensors. Once I get over this %$#@ cold I'll get out and give it a try.

My ProChrono arrived last night after I had left for work, so when I got in this morning I unboxed everything and checked it out. All was good except the light kit had no AC adapter or wiring harness, I already contacted Amazon and have a return label printed and a replacement should be on it's way soon.
When I got up today I discovered I had no batteries (I think my wife hides them from me) so off to town to pick some up. After returning I installed batteries in the digital Link and in the chrono and powered them up along with my Kindle that I had already installed the necessary app on. It only took a minute or so for everything to pair and another couple minutes configuring the app. Since I don't have a tripod yet I just set the unit on the handrail of my porch and shot from about three feet away. Out of 50 or so shots there were two errors and they were my fault, I was shooting too low.
So far I'm pleased, it's easy to set up, seems to have a pretty large shooting window and the app is easy to use. I shot four strings using my RWS 34 with a Vortek kit in .177. The four strings were named and e mailed to my self, then saved in a folder with all of my other information on the 34. My initial impression is good, but the jury will be out until next summer when I can put it to good use. I have loads to develop for my 260 and I'm curious how fast my 22-250 is pushing it's favorite bullet.

Reactions: Oregun
Thank you for the update & mini review. I love the ProChrono but did not know times have changed enough that it now does more on the telephone than I do. Now that would never influence myself but I do know mosy people are more up to date than I am and it's good to know they can pair it ( right term?) with their phone if that's important, it is sort of cool it wilol email your shooting records.

John

I like ability to see the shot strings on my fire or phone, there is a lot of information there, but it's not for everyone.
d208ba16d1d789513dda3f1f2a289adb.jpg