Which Bullpup would you consider the most Trouble-free and Accurate?

Franzier, maybe you should read TAG Vulcan tab again, because although MOST people love the vulcan and praise its accuracy and size, it too has has issues with the bolt, seals, and hammer spring (VS) issues with air tank pressure changes. It is a small percentage but it still has some issues. I too have been looking for my next airgun in .25 so i'm doing my do diligence as well. I hate to even suggest it because the heart wants what the heart wants but going with something with a proven track record is a safer bet than something newer and advanced, but with that said every gun is a risk, there are NO guarantee's when buying an airgun. FX has a proven track record at EBR for having the most accuracy guns but we don't know if they are straight off the shelf or modified. Cricket has rose to the top 3 of non FX guns with the hunting and pesting communities for accuracy and reliability. I visit 3 different forums and they all lean toward promoting different makers and they all have there favorites. So keep that in mind when trying to find your / our next gun.

"Ginuwine1969"...... but with that said every gun is a risk, there are NO guarantee's when buying an airgun....
Ginuwine1969.....
So, WHY is that?
I think you are correct but I've only been at this for a year or so. You get a guarantee from most any quality product and some of the guns that are $2000 should fall into the category.

I wrote to FX a few weeks ago. Although they would not give me a specific number of units sold, they said that they have shipped several hundred Impacts, and several thousand Wildcats worldwide (I didn't ask about the Bobcat since it's kind of a hybrid). The number of FX bullpups sold far exceed the number of Cricket bullpups, and completely dwarfs the number of Vulcans. Why is this important? Well say 1 out of every 100 units has a bad o-ring or something. If ATA sells 100 Vulcans a year, then you're only going to hear about 1 problem. If Kalibrgun sells 500 Crickets per year, then you're only going to hear about 5 problems. If FX sells 1000 Wildcats per year, then you might hear about 10 problems. See a pattern? You also have to consider how some other forums are monetarily invested in some products, and only allow positive topics on certain products, and encourage negative talk about others. Add to this that only about 15% of the people that visit forums actually have an account and choose to participate, and you'll start to see the bigger picture. 

So what am I trying to say? Every airgun has its issues. I know from personal experience because I've owned quite a few of them & I’m a sucker for buying the first run production models (most of which need some type of massaging).

Reactions: NMshooter
GLP, i said there are no guarantees but you do get warranty work if something is wrong, this is the same with anything you buy (tv's, cars, phones, computers, etc). No manufacture will guarantee a product free of all defects they will only stand by there product and try to make things right if there is a issue. That is what i meant when i said this.

And with the fit and finish of other FX airguns its kinda of confusing to say there is no Quality Control, there obviously is some quality control in place. With that being said, it they do it for one gun they must do it for all there guns. The malfunction that have been report thus far (the ones I remember), none of them have been blatant oversights in manufacturing or assembly. Poor choice of material used (too soft, to playable, etc), something like this may not manifest itself until there are 100 of units out there in the wild.

I don't own one, I'm just sharing my thoughts and opinions on what i've read, seen, and speculated on just like all the others out here without one. Out of the ones that do have them far more people at least on this forum are issue free than that have issues.

Which Bullpup would you consider the most Trouble-free and Accurate? Everybody probably has their own opinion and experience with various bullpups, but I am trying to see if there is some sort of a consensus out there.

Trouble-free: no serious/recurring issues affecting normal operation of current product line. If there were some problems these were already resolved by the manufacturer.
Accurate: 4 out of 5 groups that are under 1/2 inch (5-shots) at 50 yards AND 4 out of 5 groups that are under 1.5 inch (5 shots) at 100 yards.

If we are talking factory guns, then FX Bobcat .30 is the best it gets. Best bullpup trigger, awesome regulator, true quality.

#2 Would be Kalibr Cricket, and FX Wildcat. I love my Wildcat. Thanks again AOA..

Thanks to those who chimed in. The number of opinions are too small a number for a conclusive answer in the context of thousands of rifles sold, but they may serve as a good indication of current trends. One also has to consider some of the "palace intrigue" that's going on in the various forums which can skew the results, thus what I write below is only a general observation.

I think it's safe to say that most bullpups on the market can and do meet the accuracy requirements set forth at the beginning of the post. Having all things in accuracy close to equal...the responses seem to be based on reliability and serviceability. I think manufacturers need to pay attention to this. What brands/models were voted on here may be just as important as what brands/models were NOT mentioned.

Looks like the Cricket and the Vulcan are the biggest vote-getters,with the Cricket slightly ahead. The Pulsar looks promising for a very recent gun, but I think the not so distant memory of the MVT problems and having an all-electronics gun may be an issue for some, notwithstanding the entry price. The FX Wildcat is a recent product and may be that's why we did not see much more on it here despite the relatively large world-wide sales numbers. Similarly, the FX Impact is too new to judge when it comes to reliability compared to guns that were in use for a few years already.

I think the Edgun was the star not so long ago (before I started paying attention to bullpups) and was surprised that it only got a couple of votes. Interestingly absent were the Kolibri / Hummingbird and the Mutant, but I do not know enough about them if that's due to any issues, or because they are fairly new models, or they just did not make the cut.

There are some lower cost bullpups coming on the market like the Mrod P-12 and the Huben K-1 that probably will be at par as far as accuracy with the established or big names, but at a lower price-point and with U.S.-backed/facilitated service/warranty/mod options. Based on what I read on RAW products (another U.S.-based manufacturer) their performance is superb too and if RAW decides to come out with a bullpup they may be able to take a lot of ground in that market niche.

So unless one gun emerges with unparalleled accuracy elevating it above the rest of the bullpup field, in my opinion the choice of many bullpup buyers will come down to reliability and customer service experience. And currently, here in the U.S. this may favor smaller U.S.-based companies/importers that focus on fast/responsive service and customization options which add additional value to the gun after its initial purchase in the form of easily purchased parts, fast repairs, custom modifications...all just a phone call away.

@tactical Thanks for the tip on the Bobcat, yes the Boss has a demonstrated 100 meter performance. Would like to call you out on "dubious brands" The Edgun and the Cricket for example could have been called a "dubious brand" a few years ago before they were proven in the field by airgunners. Yes, some brands are heavily promoted by certain individuals and various forums (deservedly or not) but at the end the marketplace decides and most of us are smart enough to navigate between the bias and propaganda.

@GLPalinkas: As far as FX quality control... I only own Daystate and Air Arms. But I know enough that older FX products such as the FX Royal 400, 500 are world class quality, and some others had their share of issues (Monsoon). At the end, the marketplace and resale values decide not the Forums and the individuals who are monetarily involved with certain products. Some of the newer brands and product lines will only show their real value with time when more people start using them. Could FX slip on QC? Yes, it can happen to all manufacturers, but I think based on the information available it's hard to tell yet if that applies to the FX Impact or the Wildcat. It's a personal decision to take the risk and buy a new product line based on prior experience with that company. One may decide to hold off for now, so in essence yes, like you said "voting with our dollars", while others may go ahead at their comfort level. Based on what Michael wrote I gather that FX should know how many they sold and tracking how many had issues that rises to the level of QC or design issue. Again, the marketplace will decide and may be that's when those who are less risk takers will decide to jump in to buy these new model lines.

RAW is a good company making Theoben's. But they need to change the body style of their guns to be truly competitive. If they start making stuff like Dawson builds and keep the price the same. And come out with a bullpup... heck yeah people would support them. But as of right now I would pay more to get a Chip&Dawson Rapid with SWift's parts.

Crosman could do all this easily, but they are obviously more focused on mass production, cheap airguns and not on what this hobby really needs. They seem to have huge production budgets but very little to offer to an airgun profession user.

Another US company like Airforce that makes one of the best air rifles of all time, really needs to introduce other models that would be just as cool and powerful. If anybody could do it the Texans can.

As of today, honestly speaking if you want to buy the best and powerful airgun, there is really no alternative to FX, and Daystate products. Air Arms and Weihrauch are also good choice to spend your money on.

If you are a filthy rich type of a fella, heck then you can buy anything they through in your face on these forums. But in the end you will go back to the 2-3 airgun brands I have mentioned as good old Killer-B used to say.

"Michael"The most trouble free generally means the simplest design & easiest to work on. I'd have to say the Edgun Matador single shot.
The most trouble free is the one that is done right and works, no matter if it is a simple or complicated design. You should never have to work on a gun that comes brand new out of the factory, it should be spot on (talking high price guns Daystate, Kalibrgun, Vulcan, FX etc.). If a gun is not 100% trouble free it should never leave the factory. 

"Turboken77"Edgun for sure ! Vulcan is half made in taiwan!!! Cricket is a edgun copy so why not just get the real deal!!

Excuse me? Cricket an Edgun copy? 2 totally different guns. By far. Only thing what they have got in common is the fact that they are both bullpups.😁
b.t.w. Taiwan is a highly regarded production country over here, they make great products. IIRC, it's Asia's most expensive production country right after Japan.