Which Airgun would y’all recommend in .22 caliber

Used AA 410 .22. Very accurate (shoots nsa slugs very well too), requires a lower fill pressure than newer guns (comes in handy if you only have one SCBA/scuba tank), relatively quiet, and easy to rebuild. But if you’re looking for more than 30 ft/lbs look elsewhere. I have a career 707 (~80 ft/lbs for 6 shots) worked by Allen Z. and prefer my air arms over the 707 every day of the week. Why? Because it works every time I dust it off, super reliable. Plus it’s quite a bit shorter too. In the end you need to decide what fits your needs best (plinking or hunting) and go from there.

For $500.00 you can get some decent hardware to stretch out to 75 yards easily. Other questions to answer are how will you want to fill it. Are you going to use an scba bottle or hand pump that bad boy. I have a kral puncher in 22 that goes to a 100 yard after a little modifications but even stock is still a good bet. Hatsan makes some good hardware for the cost. A new comet is aea they seem to be good but haven't seen any review videos. You have some work to do and welcome to the darkside lol. After my first pcp I have steadily been collecting more.

For $500.00 you can get some decent hardware to stretch out to 75 yards easily. Other questions to answer are how will you want to fill it. Are you going to use an scba bottle or hand pump that bad boy. I have a kral puncher in 22 that goes to a 100 yard after a little modifications but even stock is still a good bet. Hatsan makes some good hardware for the cost. A new comet is aea they seem to be good but haven't seen any review videos. You have some work to do and welcome to the darkside lol. After my first pcp I have steadily been collecting more.

Haha yeah I’m just getting into the addiction of air arms already i am going to be hand pumping them what guns would not be hand pump friendly?

Benjamin Marauder. Simple. Reliable. American made(mostly). Easy to adjust power above 30fpe. The gold standard by which all other airguns are compared to as far as being quiet. Accurate with the right pellet. Under $500.

A bit above your budget, but you could get the Benjamin’s Marauder F&T version that’s regulated, gets more shots and can be had with a Lothar Walther barrel on sale and using discount codes from PA for about $600.

So you have $500 for a get started package, if PCP Rifle, Pump, Scope and some pellets have to be all included in that $500.00 budget. It would NOT do you much good to get a $500.00 rifle if you dont have a Pump and scope. I bought Benjamin Marauder Synrod in .22cal. Once I received it, and put a scope on it, about 1pount to a pound and half, additional weight, it was a 10+pound rifle. The Marauder is Nice, But when I am pesting or Hunting, I like as Light weight a rifle as I can get, I dont just sit at a bench shooting the whole time, I want something I can move around with comfortably, with a sling that is easy to carry and handle, Weight of the Rifle was a concern of mine after I bought a couple heavy rifles, Heavy is ok if all you are ever going to do is sit at a bench, but for me this is Not the way I like to shoot it is Boring as hell to me. I would really think about what you are looking for, and How you will shoot. My heavy rifles dont get shot very much, My lighter rifles get shot Much more frequently as I enjoy shooting them more. Having a Rifle that I can tuck the weight of it in closer to my body and Not have so much of the Long rifles weight hanging out further away from your body is another possible concern especially if you want to shoot it off hand also. If the Power is Not as big of s concern, then maybe a Light weight that I really like is the Benjamin Marauder Pistol, it comes with a Carbine Stock making it into a Light weight Carbine rifle or remove the stock and it is a Long Pistol, It is Light weight, it is accurate, quiet, and has a descent amount of power, Not a Power house, but just enough power, it really tucks in close to the body, I absolutely Love my Marauder Pistol as a Carbine Rifle, Excellent gun for the Money for what I was looking for. But it may have what your looking for, or the Benjamin Fortitude, as it is also light weight. I would have these tested using the 20shots for $20 Test, and they mount the scope feature, if buying through Pyramid air.

I would get a half way descent Scope, with full mildots for windage and elevation, and adjustable objective, this is much easier to be able to hit targets once you learn how to use it, all scopes add weight to the rifle, that weight is far out from the shoulder, so adding an additional 1 pound to 1-1/2 pounds about a foot out from your body makes a difference when free hand shooting. There are Lighter weight scopes, Matching a scope to the power of the Rifle is very good, as there is No reason to over scope a rifle as it just adds weight. 

So you have $500 for a get started package, if PCP Rifle, Pump, Scope and some pellets have to be all included in that $500.00 budget. It would NOT do you much good to get a $500.00 rifle if you dont have a Pump and scope. I bought Benjamin Marauder Synrod in .22cal. Once I received it, and put a scope on it, about 1pount to a pound and half, additional weight, it was a 10+pound rifle. The Marauder is Nice, But when I am pesting or Hunting, I like as Light weight a rifle as I can get, I dont just sit at a bench shooting the whole time, I want something I can move around with comfortably, with a sling that is easy to carry and handle, Weight of the Rifle was a concern of mine after I bought a couple heavy rifles, Heavy is ok if all you are ever going to do is sit at a bench, but for me this is Not the way I like to shoot it is Boring as hell to me. I would really think about what you are looking for, and How you will shoot. My heavy rifles dont get shot very much, My lighter rifles get shot Much more frequently as I enjoy shooting them more. Having a Rifle that I can tuck the weight of it in closer to my body and Not have so much of the Long rifles weight hanging out further away from your body is another possible concern especially if you want to shoot it off hand also. If the Power is Not as big of s concern, then maybe a Light weight that I really like is the Benjamin Marauder Pistol it comes with a Carbine Stock making it into a Light weight Carbine rifle, it is accurate, quiet, and has a descent amount of power, Not a Power house, But it may have what your looking for, or the Benjamin Fortitude, as it is also light weight. I would have these tested using the 20shots for $20 Test, and they mount the scope feature, if buying through Pyramid air.

Thx for the response but I have a pump and scope already so I can have a 500$ rifle alone and I’m looking for movability and good bit of power maybe 35-42 fpe 

Marauder rifle then, it has More power, it will be heavy, with a scope, but it is doable. I like mine, but dont shoot it as often as I would like to, as it is Not my go to gun do to the weight. The Up side of a Powerful rifle is you can hunt larger game, or shoot targets further out. I have seen guys shoot Marauder rifle out to 70 to 100 yards accuratly, it depends how much time you want to spend tweeking the gun to make it shoot really well. It is one of the quietest rifles in that power range that I have shot. I have the Synrod synthetic stock version as i wanted to be able to take it Hunting and Not get a wood stock all scratched up, as the synthetic stock will look good even a little scratched.

What kind of modifications do you recommend making to a pcp gun?