• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which Airgun would y’all recommend in .22 caliber

For an up to $500.00 budget I'd suggest a 22 Kral Puncher Breaker Silent and get a baffle kit if you need quiet. Nothing needs to be done it should shoot just fine as is and you can easily adjust it's power externally. Mine shoots nickle sized groups at 50 yards straight out of the box with both JSB 15.9s and 18gr and it also shoots the cheap Wal-Mart Crosman Premier hollowpoints almost as well. I slid the factory silencer forward and it made it quieter. YO!

If you can manage to find a 22 FX Tarantula or any of its variants such as the Thor or Black Widow or Logun 8 shot or the Webley badged 8 shot version (name drew a blank and I got the single shot PRE-HATSAN version). That's what I would buy if I was seeking a USED 22 PCP. I have to tell you I have an original grade 3 Walnut FX Tarantula in 22 and it's one of my most accurate guns that is capable of hitting targets out to 200 yards no joke that would put many modern high dollar PCPs to shame. They don't make them like THIS anymore. Mine must be around or close to 30 years old and never needed service yet. My on my nit pick is the awkward (for me) forward cocking EFFORT while closing the bolt home like the QB guns. Oh it's the European 8 shot Webley Raider but NOT the one made in Turkey. YO!

If you buy a good PCP you shouldn't have to tinker with it. I have the Air Arms S310 S410 and S510 and I have to comment for some reason they don't get that many shots compared to other similarly sized guns and I think they are long guns and not quiet IMHO. I have a Vitaly bullpup stock on my S510 and it's still too long and loud compared to other bullpups for its size. YO!