Which airgun(s) got you started?

My first airgun was an Air Arms Pro Elite in .22 cal. This was around 2002. I still recall the first time I shot it after sighting in the 6.5 x 20 Leupold, E.F.L., Air Gun Rated scope and taking out a crow sitting in a tree top at approximately 50 yards. He cartwheeled out of the tree, dead before he hit the ground. Still puts a smile on my face when I recall it.

I take the Pro Elite out of the safe now and then, to exercise the action by shooting and to wipe her down.

1582824330_2119767815e57fb8ae7d526.78301130_pro_elite.jpg

Well,

Here's the chronology:

• Daisy Red Rider when I was maybe 7
  • Daisy...."model unknown" but it had some kind of pump action contraption.
  • Crosman Power Master 760.....yeah baby!!!! Now we're shooting through tin cans....real TIN cans!!!!!
  • Moved overseas and got a Diana break barrel in .177....the beginnings of real accuracy!

Got out of airgunning for a few decades and then an old girl friend bought me a cheap Crosman CO2 pistol back in 2010.

The bug was back.....and BTW.....there is NO CURE!

Since this is is about the guns that got me started I'll stop here...but I've added some good ones since incl. an Impact MK2 PP.

PS: My old 2nd grade shooting buddy just found his old Power Master 760 and recently refurbished it. We both had 760's and would comb the neighborhoods of Austin, TX for luckless sparrows. Mine got lost along the way from the 60's.

HW50 ----------- I didn't know about tuning, pellet selection or even scoping it. I did put a nice set of peep sights on it and took a rabbit at about 40 yards once though.

I sold the gun to an acquaintance that wanted it for "home protection". Who am I to argue. I did tell him to put his hips into it when he swung it at the invader for a harder hit. ⚾

About 2 weeks ago, I got it back and tuned it for him. Now he is using it for a squirrel problem. I put a scope on it with a mount and collected some more $$ after he repeatedly hit some cans that were set up for targets.