• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which Airgun Accessories Do You Have That You find Indispensable?

In between targets I had a thought. I see a lot of threads about issues that members have with airguns, components, and accessories, myself included. What I’d like to know is, which accessories have you purchased that you loved that you now feel that it’s hard to do without or shoot without. These can be shooting rests, tools, scope levels, mounts, air supply products, etc. They can be bench rest aids, hunting aids, field target gear, maintenance tools, or anything airgun related that improved your experience.

Name your top 5 indispensable airgun times and tell us a little about them, and perhaps where you purchased it/them. If you have photos, why not drop a few of them in your post?
Chronograph
Soda
Camera
Microphone
Crackers
Tank
Bipod
Blanket or table
More chips
Maybe a range finder

1. Chronograph
2. accurate pellets (not really an accessory but a requirement)
3. Pen and paper or computer (to record what is going on with your gun, chrono data, maintenance done, POI shifts, scope changes, seal changes, temp/wind conditions etc)
4. Time to practice and have fun
5. wisdom (Not to chase after the latest and greatest, practice your positions and trigger control and the intelligence to figure out if POI shifts are d/t equipment or the nut behind the trigger)

Last edited:
Reactions: KyPop
That stuff scares me. Seems like the technology is progressing so fast that as soon as you purchase something it is obsolete two months later.
@maxtrouble “Obsolete?” Nah, that’s a bit extreme. I’ll tell you like this: I have an entry level thermal scanner. The person that I bought it from told me it was an entry level scanner. While it’s not great for IDing animals at a moderate distance. It definitely shows me that something warm is there. I spotted a juvenile raccoon at 70 yards the other night. It looked like the silhouette of a large pencil eraser through the thermal, but when I looked at that spot through my night vision scope I could see that it was a raccoon clear as day. He didn’t hang around long either. Now I tried IDing it on other nights with a colored spot light or by moonlight and didn’t know what it was. Also thermal greatly assists me in putting fur down. It at least allows me to recognize animals at close range well enough that I am not constantly jumping when creatures are hopping and crawling around me in night stands. I’m more comfortable seeing mice and rats running around my feet than wondering if it’s a snake in the dark. Or IDing a possum as opposed to thinking a skunk may be approaching. So the advancing technology isn’t so much a concern as functionality and customer/product support. The guys on the Late Night Vision show addressed your concern by a saying, if you see something that you want and have a need for, get it. It takes a while for the SHOT Show offerings to hit the market anyhow. I can’t say that they’re wrong. When it comes to thermal, just know what you’re buying before you order it.

With night vision, I have a couple Pard units - an older clip-on unit and a newer dedicated NV/digital scope that has since seen more recent iterations come to market. Despite that, they each hold their own. I have no plans to upgrade my NV anytime soon. The image quality looks great to me and I’m happy with the range. So I really don’t care what’s new. I haven’t looked through anything else to compare, so I’m satisfied. With my most recent acquisition I can read about my asking about and discussing it in AGN threads at least a year before I purchased it. I hope this provides a different perspective for you. If you have enough time and practical use I suggest that you don’t hesitate when you see a good deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxtrouble