• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which AccuTac Bipod

Bipods are a very personal piece of gear as mtnGhost already pointed out. Perfect examples are pan, cant and tilt. Most of the time I'm using a bipod it's from the bench and I don't want the ability to pan. I just want stability and fewer knobs to come loose. From the bench, I don't mind weight either, but in the field I certainly do. If you're going to use it from a bench, don't mind the weight and money is no object, the FC-G2 would be my choice. If weight is a concern, check out the new WB-4.

Accu-Tac bipods are great bipods but there are many others out there to like Atlas, Evolution Bipods, Mag Pul, Caldwell, Ckye Pod, Warne, UTG and others too, depending on your preferences. My point is simply that there are lots of great options these days and most all are great.

As far as accessories, there's a company called Snap Foot that makes modular bipod feet kits. They come with posable feet, spike feet, rubber feet and necessary adapters. You can also buy extensions. What's nice is that the kit comes with everything you need for about $80. Leg extensions are extra but worth it. These are great kits. Not sure if they're available for the Accu Tac yet but they were in the works the last time I talked to them about it. Good luck with your decision.

Stoti

1591999271_10901236855ee3fb27990448.30204590.jpg
I bought a "wide stance" bipod on Ebay for $60. It's got all you asked for. Tried out Centercut's Accutac FC-G2 & it is beautiful but my cheapie is no less solid or stable. Even Centercut has the same cheapie & agrees it's well worth the $60.

It depends on what you're looking for. I've tried several brands of bipod with Atlas being my favorite for a while. I recently wanted to try out the Arca rail setup for the Impact, so I got a Saber Tactical Arca rail and an Accu-Tac BR4-G2 bipod. I always get the smaller size which is around the 4"-9" range. The taller models don't work for any type of bench shooting for me unless i use a larger rear bag. Also, if I'm in the field, my chances of getting a perfectly positioned bipod shot isn't very good since I often need to use different shooting positions to get to the target I'm after. 

Here's what I noticed in Accu-Tac BR4 G2 Vs Atlas BT65Lw17 / V8

-The Accu tac is a lot more solid, stiffer, and heavier (almost twice the weight) . Its built like a tank and I'm sure will last a life time. It doesn't "load" or flex when leaning into the rifle. Something I came to like about the Atlas bipods. Personal preference there. 

-The Accu tac legs are really easy to adjust up and down but I find the spring loaded leg angle change cumbersome especially if the bipod is far forward on the rifle. I like the Atlas push button better for angle adjustments and the Accu tac leg length adjustment. 

- Atlas has pan but Accu-tac doesn't; At least not on this model. Its not a feature I use anyway so it doesn't matter to me if it has it or not.

-Cant adjustment is far better on the Accu-tac. Much easier to dial in for me,

-Atlas rubber feet are better. They seem to have a little more grip and they don't un-thread like the Accu-tac. I use rubber feet for everything and never bothered with spikes or cleats.

- The atlas has a wider range of adjust ability. Not much wider but its there.

All in all, I still prefer the Atlas. Its sleeker and lighter than the Accu-tac but still offers the same if not more adjustments. This makes it easier to fit in the gun case and carry in the field for offhand/ odd position shots. I also don't have to change position as much when I'm reaching up to adjust it. I just wish I could get the Accu tac cant adjustment and Arca mount which I really like on the Atlas.

I saw that he was looking at the Accutac lineup but i just couldn't help throw in just one more variable / option for him after wanting to love an Accutac myself lol. To answer his question without straying away this time, I would go with the BR4G2...picatinny or Arca mount. I can't imagine putting a bigger bipod on there unless its a dedicated bench or long range rig. 

Accutac makes an excellent bipod without a doubt and you won't be sorry you spent the cash on one. I won't be selling mine despite my preference to Atlas.