which 357

"NeilClague"Fuko the Bulldog is very loud and is extremely hard to make an LDC for without having the barrel threaded, or without cutting back the shroud to expose the barrel, so something can be attached to it. Just something you might want to consider, they have quite a bang to them, Neil.
Yeah thats the drawback sadly D:. However at the bulldog's price point the factory shroud is good enough to quiet it down more than the Sam Yang's class of airguns, the Evanix Sniper .45-.50 cal, and many others besides the slayer. This was why I wanted one compared to the others....until!....I found out about the Slayer and found out that you made custom moderators that can easily screw on to Sam yangs and Evanix airguns.

"Nomadic Pirate"Much depends on the power wanted from the gun too.

The Hatsan is an anemic .357, the RAW and Cricket also are on the low power side.

The Evanix are slightly more powerful but not by much, next step up is the Recluse and than you have the "BEAST", .....the Slayer.
The good thing about the Hatsans are that they can easily be tweaked for more power and they cost less than most .357. I got the 30 cal and from the factory it was tuned for 21 shots at around 70-73 FPE. Mine is tuned for 100 FPE for 14 shots with a 14 fps ES. I got it as a refurb so including getting a walnut stock for it, I'm in it for less than $700. Personally, I'm over the power craze in that I mainly like to plink at long range (100-200 yds) so my 357 have been gather dust lately.

"blackdiesel"
The good thing about the Hatsans are that they can easily be tweaked for more power and they cost less than most .357. I got the 30 cal and from the factory it was tuned for 21 shots at around 70-73 FPE. Mine is tuned for 100 FPE for 14 shots with a 14 fps ES. I got it as a refurb so including getting a walnut stock for it, I'm in it for less than $700. Personally, I'm over the power craze in that I mainly like to plink at long range (100-200 yds) so my 357 have been gather dust lately.
This has my interest. What are you using at 100 & 200 yards?

Sorry guys but why would anyone want to plink with a high powered big bore, if plinking is your game why not just use a 22 or 25 caliber, they are much easier to quieten down and are a lot cheaper for ammo. I would not entertain a big bore unless I intended to hunt, just my opinion and obviously you guys have a different one, but why waste money on lead just for plinking? Neil.

"NeilClague"Sorry guys but why would anyone want to plink with a high powered big bore, if plinking is your game why not just use a 22 or 25 caliber, they are much easier to quieten down and are a lot cheaper for ammo. I would not entertain a big bore unless I intended to hunt, just my opinion and obviously you guys have a different one, but why waste money on lead just for plinking? Neil.
Its that power i think. Shooting a Soda bottle with liquids in it is far more entertaining in higher calibers and higher FPE. We also want to blow parts away from cinderblocks and have knockdown power on everything.

"NeilClague"Sorry guys but why would anyone want to plink with a high powered big bore, if plinking is your game why not just use a 22 or 25 caliber, they are much easier to quieten down and are a lot cheaper for ammo. I would not entertain a big bore unless I intended to hunt, just my opinion and obviously you guys have a different one, but why waste money on lead just for plinking? Neil.
I enjoy shooting at longer distances. I use my 17 HMR up to 200 yards and would like to have a .257 air rifle that would also reach out that far. I'm not a big hunter any more, but on occasions I will take a crow at a long distance.

I use the 50 gr JSB pellets but I'm waiting on some samples from an Accurate 30 cal 70 gr mold. If these shoot good, I will be getting the mold and casting my own.

Neil The reason I use the 30 cal for long range plinking is that pellets stay stable for long distances. I shoot 22 and 25 cal out to 150 yds but after this the pellets seem to drift from spin drift or some other reason. I made the decision not to shoot animals as live targets because when I looked in the mirror, I saw that I was just shooting them for the joy of shooting live targets. Now I will only kill under certain situations, hunting and/or removing a pest or dangerous animal. I love shooting, but not interested in FT or benchrest so long range plinking it is.