Which .25 would it be?

From what I have read here, several of you have a variety of springers in .25 caliber. If you could only keep one which would it be for accuracy, power, and portability?
Are you using for what?
Do you have other springers.177 or .22?
I have a 77, 80, 90 and a 97 in .25. I want a 98.
The 80 hits the hardest, no doubt. They are all accurate. Not shooting the 90 yet.
I enjoy the 77 or 97, don’t mind the loopy shot as long as predictable.
Wouldn’t want to carry any of them. Did it once, that was 2 times, first and last. Crow

Reactions: Mycapt65
Would be very hard for me to part with my rare UK Webley .25 Tomahawk. FTT's leave at 725 fps. 23 ft lb. Not real hard to shoot accurately. No twang, the factory guide does it's job. Beautiful Walnut stock and blueing and it only weighs 7.5 lbs. I eBagged this rifle about 2 years ago and can't believe nobody else even bid on it. Nearly mint. Metal is 99% And the stock looks better than new. Last owner installed sling mounts. Ugh. I removed them. There is no .25 springer I would consider in trade. No Theoben, no Weihrauch. No way. The .25 Theobens are beautiful boat anchors(too heavy). I might buy an older HW95 in .25 some time. Maybe, if it's mint and I don't like the current stocks.
Below is 5 at 25yards after scope zeroed
IMG_3982.JPG

Are you using for what?
Do you have other springers.177 or .22?
I have a 77, 80, 90 and a 97 in .25. I want a 98.
The 80 hits the hardest, no doubt. They are all accurate. Not shooting the 90 yet.
I enjoy the 77 or 97, don’t mind the loopy shot as long as predictable.
Wouldn’t want to carry any of them. Did it once, that was 2 times, first and last. Crow
Agreed :) Not many companies still making .25 cal springers so brand choices are limited too, so....
Pesting? Target Shooting? Some of both? Novelty of a springer in .25?
I own 6 but they're all Hatsans. 18-20fpe, spring or gas ram powered and bought just to be short range hammers on pests.
Pellets tend to be more expensive and you get less in a tin vs .177 or .22 so mine only get shot at paper to check scopes.
You also only have 6 or 7 weight options in .25 cal pellets before they get too heavy for a springer to shoot unless you have a cannon like KWK's UK Tomahawk, then the power it makes will give you a few more.

Reactions: crowski
Agreed :) Not many companies still making .25 cal springers so brand choices are limited too, so....
Pesting? Target Shooting? Some of both? Novelty of a springer in .25?
I own 6 but they're all Hatsans. 18-20fpe, spring or gas ram powered and bought just to be short range hammers on pests.
Pellets tend to be more expensive and you get less in a tin vs .177 or .22 so mine only get shot at paper to check scopes.
You also only have 6 or 7 weight options in .25 cal pellets before they get too heavy for a springer to shoot unless you have a cannon like KWK's UK Tomahawk, then the power it makes will give you a few more.
Exactly, I love the .25 cal. Wouldn’t be my first purchase. I enjoy hitting targets, but expensive. Crow

Reactions: SteveP-52
I was just interested in knowing which rifle you would keep if you could only keep one in .25. Or perhaps which is your favorite and why?

My only other air rifle is an HW98 in .177 - amazingly accurate. Looking for a 40 yard and under thumper.
Sorry I misunderstood.
I like the 77 or 97. They stop the nutters. Fun with the spinners, especially at nite with lites you can easily see the shot and looping. Very predictable and accurate.
I ordered a 95 and 98 in .25 last year and was told not available in Canada presently. The 98 would be my choice. Great gun. Crow

Gamo got this new in .25 ( i guess think was just .177 and .22)

And small sale going on it.

It also got steel barrel not plastic shrouded and irons when a scope goes bad so you can keep on shooting it..

Anyway just figured I'd throw it at you

I have two 25 caliber airguns. Hatsan 95 carbine and 135. Both good shooters. If I could only keep one it would be the 135. If I want the full impact of the 25 then I need the velocity also. Otherwise why spend the extra for the 25 pellet. It’s a heavy gun but with this dot it is lighter than my scoped HW97. The balance is better also because the barrel is thinned down and is actually only about 10 inches long (stops where the shroud flairs) and covered with a light weight barrel shroud. The weight is rearward and makes for a good balance.
7AFA6B78-CC62-48ED-91DF-C563B1492F28.jpeg
EFF70B8F-3D25-48EE-BA0C-CEA25DD4D13B.jpeg

Last edited: