• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Which .25 would it be?

Crow - thank you. I am hearing the siren’s call of an HW 97K.
Random lame thought but you already have a ballpark idea of what kind of power to expect, so if the 97K in .25 is calling to you, scratch the itch to know....lol. Also happens to be the reason I own quite a few of the rifles I do. I saw, they called to me, I bought them, don't regret for even one second that I did :)
My .25's are only inexpensive Hatsan's but I had my own itch. While they don't even remotely compare to anything from HW, they scratched mine at the time for what I wanted them for.

Had fun with Hatsan's back in 2012/2014 .... bought a Weihrauch and sold the Hatsan's (but boy did they look good).

Hatsan95.jpg

Hatsan951.jpg

Hatsan135.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the finish on the recent Hatsans has been a little lacking. The bluing on my mod 95 is pretty skimpy. The stock is sure nice though. My older Hatsans have a better finish.
Ya, mine dont look as nice as old, more like cheap toy . Shoots great but you can easy see and feel it's the cheaper better product / corners cut and sub $200 gun today.. (95)

Reactions: Bolillo
Hey Guys,
Keep in mind, I refinished my stock completely - they did not look that good out-of-the box.
Well its nice , but this 95 looks more to plastic then wood not that nice solid wood look and feel . No comparison if stock or a refinish imho. When i unboxed mine it was the first thing noticed / cheap feeling / looking.

Just happy it a good shooter and shoots to 100 on irons , so i can over look the cheap feel of it.. also the stocks right end that covers the breech block is warped inward and hits / scrapes the rear sight windage knob. So i keep a shim spacer of CA dboard to keep it pushed out to clear..lol..

It was gifted to me so im happy with it. Ive bought worse junk so.,. If it shoots good im good in the end.

My Model 95 .25, bought April of 2015 after a complete refinish by me. Dull, dead, lifeless stock. Wasn't anything to look at but did the job I bought it for and got renewed life as a spring powered gun after I blew up the gas ram in it tinkering. Spiral Groove up there was selling one for parts that had an already tuned action. I grabbed it, slapped my .25 barrel on it and did the stock work.

Model 95 before and after.jpg

Hey Guys,
Keep in mind, I refinished my stock completely - they did not look that good out-of-the box.
I was speaking of the bluing. It’s really thin on the recent production guns. Also the degree of metal finish is poor too. My mod 95’s Turkish Walnut stock came unfinished from Hatsan. It needed a complete oil finish or varnish. IMO that’s a plus. I brewed up some of my linseed oil, beeswax, and turpentine stock finish and treated the stock for the first three weeks. Regular handling and shooting has polished the stock to a finish that looks like gloss polyurethane.