Whether you love 'em or hate 'em you need to see this! A Digital Yong Heng!

Thanks for the review it is appreciated very much. 

Both of my units often blow burst discs when I try to take them to 4500psi so I don't do it.

I thought about getting one of the digital units when they first came out but the two units I have both still run so it will have to wait. ;^(

That is so weird, out of morbid curiosity, have you ever checked the gauge you were using to measure that? I've been running a clone and two "genuine Yong Hengs" for years always to 4500 on large bottles (88-92CF) and I have never once blown a burst disk. I even took the clone to 5000psi once early on, accidentally of course, but still have every burst disk intact. I wonder why yours a blowing out all the time?

Thanks for the review it is appreciated very much. 

Both of my units often blow burst discs when I try to take them to 4500psi so I don't do it.

I thought about getting one of the digital units when they first came out but the two units I have both still run so it will have to wait. ;^(

That is so weird, out of morbid curiosity, have you ever checked the gauge you were using to measure that? I've been running a clone and two "genuine Yong Hengs" for years always to 4500 on large bottles (88-92CF) and I have never once blown a burst disk. I even took the clone to 5000psi once early on, accidentally of course, but still have every burst disk intact. I wonder why yours a blowing out all the time?

I go by the gauge on my Great White and Ninja tanks which are usually 200 to 300psi different than the crummy Yong Heng gauges that seem to change with age.

I does not know why mine blow the discs best guess is I just got a bad batch of burst discs? I have blown seven or eight in two years though on two different compressors. Even replaced the whole burst disc fitting on both units. Still had the problem though. But as I can fill to 4200psi without problems that's what I do.

I just blow the burst disk a very first time after some tenth SCBA refill, these are 14 Liter tanks I believe and I have x3 of these and I was filling about 4200.

I like the YH compressor overall and I would probably buy this digital version but I purchased a spare compressor head not long ago for case if I destroy the original unit.

What I don't like is the output line is directionally coming out from the output manifold, I re-tapped that hole (I did not had a selection of PCP fittings at that time) and put an 90 degree NPTF elbow pointing towards the end, I can store now the compressor in the original box with the line attached.

Well well well, a YH that did not have a major operational failure on startup, I was pleasantly surprised.
Now I am not picking on the YG boys and girls but simply speaking from my experience with four different YH units all of which had some sort of operational failure straight out of the box.
It was nice to see the control system work right out of the gate. I'd be interested in the plate data on that relay and suspect it will be a 240v unit rated for 30amps which will be a perfect match for the 220 loads the YH will put on it. I am still very suspect of that little relay and how well it will hold up.

Thank you for sharing and I am eagerly looking forward to the evolution of this project in the Yong Heng Hot Rod Garage!

See you at RMAC bud!

I was blowing burst discs after an oil change and noticed my oil level was ever so slightly over full. Drained a little out and have yet to blow another. For the price and 2 years of service I'm still happy with mine and will probably buy another if it ever dies. Probably a digital one

Many have had similar experiences. Some apparently have not. I still view them as a good thing to initially try for high pressure air UNLESS one is relatively certain that they will be shooting air guns for a very long time. Then starting with a dive compressor certainly seems to make sense.

I have a YH knock off that had the problem with burst discs blowing at anywhere between 3000 and,4000 psi I finally just doubled the discs and no more problem. I watch the pressure and temperature as I'm filling my rifles so it will never over pressure. Those who leave their pump unattended that's not a good idea. I have a F10 for my tanks and just have the YH as a backup.

DesertSilver. You can do what you like but that is exactly why it's so difficult to manufacture in this country. You probably know what you are dealing with but someone else will see this and do the same thing and get distracted with a phone call or crying baby and BOOM. The manufacturer gets sued. (Not an issue for Chinese companies) We got out of the electronic cigarette business because we couldn't contain the liability for purchasers' "off-road" use (wrong batteris and building coils that were essentially a dead short).

I'm considering going back into the pressure regulator business but people doubling up burst discs scares the hell out of me from the standpoint of product liability, as an American manufacturer.

Sergey