Wheres Ted Bier?

Ted was the man on videos and videoing thru a scope. Maybe the pioneer? He loves hammering sparrows and pigeons and you can tell from his enthusiasm. He's made some comments about climate and politics lately and I picked up he and I might not be able to hunt from the same blind... haha.... I d like to see him get back to making videos but the competition out there is thick and ruthless. He would really have to come up with something different. Also it seems that youtube forces these guys to say they are hunting pigeons for food that way they can show pigeons getting hammered...I wish him well and hope he shows back up....

I hope Ted reads all this and gets a chuckle. He has a great sense of humor. I mean laughing at himself for "cranking his head on a doorframe" in that abandoned house. I mean really. I'd like him back, making more videos. But between work, family, general life, I'm sure it's hard to make the time. You don't totally like his politics, or his hunting starlings, or other invasive species. You need to grow up. Don't be a jerk troll. Do you know adults argue, disagree, and can stay friends. Mabe not if you are an adolescent. There's my rant. 

Let's just play nice.

Jim

@markt you forgot Ted’s hatred of starlings, and I would put them at the top of the list of the three. Also, I agree that Ted put Edgun’s name on the map in the USA, regardless what another Edguner states. I think in the airgun world he still by far has the highest number of subscribers.

Also, like many have you said, and I feel too, we have all learned, are entertained and wish Ted well, and look forward, but do not expect another video from him, he has more than done his part to promote airgunning.

@blackpaw: yes I left out the starlings. He does hate them as well as I.

@M63ural: WTH? You compleo misread what I said. You might want to go back and read what I said and maybe sober up and read what you called me. A jerk a troll and an adolescent.. Really? Let’s imagine you and I are at RMAC and talking I say what I said, would you say that to my face? I don’t think you would. You totally had a knee jerk reaction. Fairly typical from folks up your way these days. And to top it off you want to play nice? Who is the jerk here sport? In addition, i’ll Bet you any of my five FX rifles I’ve killed more “invasive” birds than you have ever even seen. So why in he!$ would I have a problem with him killing these birds. You are Totally off base Jim..

I agree Ted needs something different and I think he is one of the few people out there who is capable of bringing a new idea to airgun videos. I think he has taken the bird shooting videos about as far as he can before it just seems like repeats of old episodes. He is probably more aware of this than any of us and has lost a lot of his passion. It is like deciding when to stop a TV series. Same problem with the guys in UK shooting rabbits with an HW100. It's the same daydreaming pot smoking rabbit that gets drilled in the head again with a 12ftlb PCP. 

I think Ted's first many videos had a lot to do with the massive market take off of the Bullpup air rifle and some of the migration to tactical and mil type scopes for airguns. Not to mention his push to in scope camera equipment for airguns. I mean these were going to get there but Ted gave them a monster sized one man push. No matter what he does in the future he was a pioneer in our industry.

@M63ural: WTH? You compleo misread what I said. You might want to go back and read what I said and maybe sober up and read what you called me. A jerk a troll and an adolescent.. Really? Let’s imagine you and I are at RMAC and talking I say what I said, would you say that to my face? I don’t think you would. You totally had a knee jerk reaction. Fairly typical from folks up your way these days. And to top it off you want to play nice? Who is the jerk here sport? In addition, i’ll Bet you any of my five FX rifles I’ve killed more “invasive” birds than you have ever even seen. So why in he!$ would I have a problem with him killing these birds. You are Totally off base Jim..

Mark T,

I was, and am completely sober. I did not aim my jerk troll comment at you. There have been plenty who are, and have been bad actors. If I want to call you something I will use your name or handle. Do you feel guilty of something? 

This meant this thread.

Jerk trolls , and adolescents was targeted at those to whom the title fits.

On a direct note to you, "fairly typical from folks up your way these days" where exactly is that? 

Jim

@m63ural I can’t say I agree with Ted on some of his politics either but there is far more to life than just politics, and I don’t let that get in the way of me sharing a passion with someone maybe with a slightly different view than myself on a political view. I like rock climbing and trust me not everyone I enjoy climbing with support the 2 nd, but we do love climbing together and that is what we focus on the shared values not the differences, I think that was what Ted was trying to say. I would consider a huge honor to got hunting / pesting with Ted. Regardless of his views I think what is most important is that Ted is a good man, someone who should be respected for his contributions to the sport of airgunning and so on, and I think all of us can agree on that. 

@m63ural I can’t say I agree with Ted on some of his politics either but there is far more to life than just politics, and I don’t let that get in the way of me sharing a passion with someone maybe with a slightly different view than myself on a political view. I like rock climbing and trust me not everyone I enjoy climbing with support the 2 nd, but we do love climbing together and that is what we focus on the shared values not the differences, I think that was what Ted was trying to say. I would consider a huge honor to got hunting / pesting with Ted. Regardless of his views I think what is most important is that Ted is a good man, someone who should be respected for his contributions to the sport of airgunning and so on, and I think all of us can agree on that.

+1 million! Couldn't of have said better. If you are out looking to be offended you don't have to look far. No one ever agrees with anyone 100% all the time because we are human. If we can focus on common goal and value then we can overcome many differences large or small. If you focus only on differences then however small the difference it will be a unbridgeable chasm. At the end of the day it's exactly the same as the old glass half empty vs half full debate. 

That being said I'm right and you are wrong, I'll be under my rock waiting for dooms day while chatting on social media with "like minded people" about social media is created by the devil.......and get off my lawn! 

Only after someone whom I trust and admire on the forum speaks highly of a U-tube video do I actually watch it. I’ve been into firearms all my life and already experienced the outlandish claims of many. But after competing and reading results of competitions, one has a good idea of who is or isn’t speaking the truth. Though I have yet to compete with airguns, it has been fairly easy and very rewarding to get to know some of the awesome shooters here. I never saw any other videos but Ted’s when I began. I’m still very attached to my 1st Edgun. I sold many handguns to acquire a few Tier 1 airguns after the videos; a Prod and Marauder were all I thought I would ever purchase. I have many friends that see eye to eye on any one of my hobbies (guns, bicycles, and kayaks) but we do not agree on politics or how to raise children. I will always regard Ted as an awesome pioneer for our sport.

I’m still kinda new to the airgun community and Ted was a big influence for me getting into it. Several other people influenced me too, but being new a little guidance goes a long way. My wife is a veteran and me shooting 22lr on starlings was really starting to bother her. So I got into airguns for accurate and quiet pesting at 50 yards. Now she will actually shoot with me(she doesn’t kill things) so she has her own Uragan compact. So basically it’s become a hobby for both of us and has really made things better around the house. 

Yes, love Teds last vlog. I didn’t realize he was 47. Been watching him for years and he has matured. So much love his videos and enthusiasm for the sport or killing peat birds. I’ve got him we’ll beat with bdays tho. Haha. Im glad that he has taken up the environment as a cause and called FX with their packaging of the slugs. I can’t imagine the impact on our environment due to this decision by FX to package lead slugs in a “plastic” container when they could have packaged them in a box like Nelson. 

I looked forward to more videos from Ted as he travels to paces and videos more hunts. 

Yes, love Teds last vlog. I didn’t realize he was 47. Been watching him for years and he has matured. So much love his videos and enthusiasm for the sport or killing peat birds. I’ve got him we’ll beat with bdays tho. Haha. Im glad that he has taken up the environment as a cause and called FX with their packaging of the slugs. I can’t imagine the impact on our environment due to this decision by FX to package lead slugs in a “plastic” container when they could have packaged them in a box like Nelson. 

I looked forward to more videos from Ted as he travels to paces and videos more hunts.

OFFS... Not only can't you imagine it... YOU CAN'T MEASURE IT EITHER.

I’d say you are right. I can’t measure it, but I would imagine some agencies can. At least that is what we are told....

Im sure you know I’m joking about this and Ted’s comments. It just seems strange he would comment on it. I’m sure his vehicle is environmentally friendly and doesn’t burn “fossil” fuels.

But didn’t the state of CA say that lead pellets are bad and outlawed them for hunting? 

Again, i m joking. I think Ted’s videos are great and enjoy them immensely.