• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Where's all my Pennsylvania PCP shooters at ?

Well, I cant just let this baby sit still and wait to purchase a chrony.LOL I have been without one for 10 years now. But again I am not a serious airgunner. I basically shoot mine in at 30 yards, and that is my Zero. Then I go out to 55 yards and resight it in, so I know how many clicks I need. Between 30 and 55 yards I can quesstimate pretty well. I have no problem taking woodchucks out to there. That is just about as far as I trust myself with critical shot placement at least at this time.

The next thing I am going to do with my FX Crown is buy some GTO pellets. What I am trying to do is buy something a lot less heavy and back off on my pressure settings to try and maximize my shout count per fill. 90% of my shooting is blackbirds, and with a 25 caliber you know it doesn't take much to destroy them.

I am hoping to exceed 150 shots per fill.

Like I stated before, I am just 70 miles south of Lake Erie. Just about halfway between Pittsburgh, and Lake Erie on interstate 79.

The next thing I am going to do with my FX Crown is buy some GTO pellets. What I am trying to do is buy something a lot less heavy and back off on my pressure settings to try and maximize my shout count per fill. 90% of my shooting is blackbirds, and with a 25 caliber you know it doesn't take much to destroy them.

I am hoping to exceed 150 shots per fill.

Like I stated before, I am just 70 miles south of Lake Erie. Just about halfway between Pittsburgh, and Lake Erie on interstate 79.

I’m in NE PA between Wind Gap & Stroudsburg. Along Appalachian Mountain.

The GTO 16.54 .25’s are very accurate, and hard. Good for penetration but beware. They can act like fast .177’s. 
I whacked a Starling with 2 solid body hits before it went down and I don’t think it ever new it had been hit. No energy dump, just like getting a quick shot, over before you know it. 
I’m just saying you can get a huge shot count and flat trajectory but placement will be more important on any pests or game. Targets don’t care. 

I understand what you are saying. I probably would stay away from the 50 yard shots. Most of the starlings and blackbirds will be 30 yards. I have a bird feeder which I try to feed my song birds, and these big birds, including blue jays chase them all away. Hitting a starling with a 25 caliber pellet in the 26 grain range is totally bone crunching.

I need to find a way to do the math just to see how many shots I can get out of a fill. Again, I will first have to back my pressure off and find a sweet spot. I want to keep my velocity still around 850 FPS.

When I purchased the rifle from Utah Airguns there was a paper stating the test velocity. It was right around 875 FPS using a 25 grain pellet, or somewhere around that.