Where you purchase your ammo make a difference.

My son and I were BSing about airguns the other day and we came around to ammo. Just looking for other minds.

We have purchased a bit of pellets and slugs and felt slugs of one brand from different shops were very much the same.

However pellets a different story because of so many dies. Get 500 from one dealer and they are great and from another 

same pellet and they don't shoot as well. Go back to dealer one and the ammo is good again and not the same lot.

Could the supply chain be from different places of manufacturer for different sellers?

We have noticed this for several different pellets over the years. Packing was good on all ammo and looked good on visual.

Seems you go to the cheaper supplier and the quality or specifically accuracy goes south.

Interesting observation I have not experienced what you have described. I do prefer Air Arms brand over JSB however. Trenier is who I buy from. His packaging is incredible AND he attends by local BAGA club in Wisconsin once in a while. He's a nice fella and has EARNED a good reputation. His prices are competitive with most. I don't really care much about prices of pellets, I just realize that compared to powder burners we are lucky. Buy from your favorite vendor if not satisfied return for a different die number.

Interesting observation I have not experienced what you have described. I do prefer Air Arms brand over JSB however. Trenier is who I buy from. His packaging is incredible AND he attends by local BAGA club in Wisconsin once in a while. He's a nice fella and has EARNED a good reputation. His prices are competitive with most. I don't really care much about prices of pellets, I just realize that compared to powder burners we are lucky. Buy from your favorite vendor if not satisfied return for a different die number.

Does Trenier sell 18.13gn in Air Arms? I can never find them. Edit: I don't see any Air Arms pellets on Trenier.

Here's what JSB has to say on the various brands they make pellets for. I'll start the video at this topic.

https://youtu.be/-AAQzSkRZVg?t=2289

Wish they would have talked about the BIG differences in the 22 re-design pellets that have been pictured here. I wondered why my high powered .22’s were great at 100 yds and mediocre at other times. After seeing the photos here from our Tier 1 shooters the pellets are of different designs —-they are not tiny differences from diff lot #’s. Wish he would ask about them specifically