• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Where to shoot near Murfreesboro TN

Does anyone know of an out door airgun range near Murfreesboro TN? I had a few places in mind when I purchased my air rifle, but one has no suitable back stop considering it’s hay season and the other is not my land and has become a burden to try to finagle my way out to. I’d really like somewhere where I could just walk out and shoot for a while then leave. I hate going to a full blown gun range to shoot my air rifle. For that matter does anyone know the legality of using WMA land of any type just to target shoot with an air gun? I want to do my research and make sure I’m in the right when doing so. I definitely don’t want to risk getting caught in a grey area and setting a precedent for new rules or regs. Any help would be much appreciated.

@drew

TN is pretty gun friendly. Not like TX or AZ but pretty close. I’m just looking for somewhere I can set up some targets and shoot without the hassle and expense of a traditional firing range. (M-Boro has several of these) I live in a subdivision with a chainlink fenced yard and neighbors on all sides so even if I was being safe and had a good back stop I’m sure they would still not appreciate me shooting in their direction. Also as far as Murfreesboro it is considered against the law to shoot firearms in city limits even on your own property and they have a special part including air guns and bows in the firearms category. thanks for your response.

P.S. The Barrett plant is in christiana or tullahoma I believe and I don’t think their test tunnel is open to the public. The do have a test range for sure but I’ve heard that it is under ground and almost 1000 yards long but that could just be camp fire stories about the scale.

Got it, I just read a report back in the day about how good Barrett firearms is, like a squad in Iraq had a jammed fifty in a battle and a representative from Barrett called them on a patched through landline and fixed the fifty. After that, I figured everyone in Murfreesboro was a red blooded patriot who didn’t mind 2nd amendment expression. Sorry about that. I live in Komiefornia and share your dilemma shooting close to home, hence a silenced pcp, which I am so grateful for. Good luck sir.

The only airgun clubs I know of in Tennessee are in the Pulaski/Minor Hill area, namely the GOB and the Invicta -

Great people, just not that convenint to Murfreesboro, but you can cut accross 96 to 65 and make it quicker than I can from Antioch, fwiw

And it's mentioned somewhere in the TWMA guidelines no target practicing on WMA land. Ahem..😉.

EDIT: target