Where to shoot in SoCal

Mmmm, good luck. There "used to be"... dairies, and various small farm lands around, but that's been gone many years now.

You might try your luck at the dairies in the Chino area. I'm sure they have a pet problem, Or maybe the Chino Air Port. But in the general San Gabriel area (Pasadena, Duarte, Covina, Glendale, etc), no police are going to let you shoot out doors.

There are many shooting ranges in a 50mi radius from Pasadena. I'm betting they will let you shoot, but non-breathing targets only !

I'll be going to an indoor range in Upland (Magnum Shooting Range) soon. I'm gonna ask if they'll allow air guns.

Mike

Just got on the site and looking for a place to shoot rats/ mice (.177 sig MCX) with night scope. I’m in so. Cal near Pasadena. I’d love to take advantage of a landfill but I think that’s not possible. Any info would be great!

Just a word of caution...you probably shouldn't advertise that you own a night-vision scope.

https://support.sightmark.com/hc/en-us/articles/4416615256852-Night-Vision-Laws-for-California

https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-code/pen-sect-468.html

Penal Code: 468. Any person who knowingly buys, sells, receives, disposes of, conceals, or has in his possession a sniperscope shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000) or by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than one year, or by both such fine and imprisonment. As used in this section, sniperscope means any attachment, device or similar contrivance designed for or adaptable to use on a firearm which, through the use of a projected infrared light source and electronic telescope, enables the operator thereof to visually determine and locate the presence of objects during the nighttime. This section shall not prohibit the authorized use or possession of such sniperscope by a member of the armed forces of the United States or by police officers, peace officers, or law enforcement officers authorized by the properly constituted authorities for the enforcement of law or ordinances; nor shall this section prohibit the use or possession of such sniperscope when used solely for scientific research or educational purposes.

Night vision scopes with built in IR emitter are NOT legal here in CA, night vision scope without emitter is still asking for major trouble outside of your property where no one can see or know about. If you have written permission at land fill/invited to shoot there then get one without IR emitter like ATN. Also be sure to call your local police or Sheriff department and get a green light with them and tell them ahead of time when you do go so you don’t get in Trouble or worse get shot. 

I try to shoot every 2 weeks on Mondays, which every other Monday is my day off so i go to Pala shooting range. It can sometimes be very loud. But it has more than enough space 880 yards Mondays are not too bad. At least this last Monday. After a while you start to get use to the noise. Either that or I lost all my hearing. I drive a hour 20 to 1.5 to get there and sometimes 2 hours back. But it is worth it to me because the wind tends to be mild. I'm in tustin. 

20220314_131248.1653525509.jpg

20220314_111023.1653525511.jpg

It's $40, but worth it for me as I really have nowhere to go for 100 plus yards. Just now I am semi consistently hitting the little steel rabbits at 200 yards. I want to master that and go to the 300 yard targets. My ELR 101+ post got moved to Hunting where I hit a 3 inch steel bunny silhouette at 200 yards. 

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/my-first-filmed-bunny-hit-at-200yards/#post-1260678

Allen