• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Where to go shoot airguns in Long Beach, CA?

Semper fi! Let me know if you do. I live about 20 minutes away and would love if we could utilize it while it's still 'somewhat' closed off. I believe the city is turning it into a park over the next couple years. I did some volunteer work there several years back. A hanger was briefly (holiday I believe) turned into a soup kitchen/barbershop/portable shower for the homeless for a weekend. I remember there being quite a bit of space and it was well out of the way.

Ben

Semper fi! Let me know if you do. I live about 20 minutes away and would love if we could utilize it while it's still 'somewhat' closed off. I believe the city is turning it into a park over the next couple years. I did some volunteer work there several years back. A hanger was briefly (holiday I believe) turned into a soup kitchen/barbershop/portable shower for the homeless for a weekend. I remember there being quite a bit of space and it was well out of the way.

Ben
I was in the weather office under the ATC Tower, I've climbed the stairs inside Hanger 1 to change the wind sock. 200" tall, 1/4 mile long. They used to allow rubber band powered airplanes to fly on one weekend a month in there. Best duty station in the MC.

Semper Fi

Smitty

Has anyone checked out the old MCAS in Tustin?
If you have contacts for getting entry to that I like to join in too as I and another member are just down and up the street from there. I'm traveling to Pala shooting range every 2 weeks on my Monday off. I try to be there before they open as there is often little to no wind in the morning. But as the day gets warmer it the wind picks up. For me that's a 1.5 hour drive to and sometimes a 2 hour drive back depending on when i decide to leave. But then again my addiction is strong, I love shooting 200 yards and I want to go to the 300 yard line soon.

20220718_104051.jpg

When I first went there I shot the steel targets from 25 to 100. They also have a hand gun section that goes out to about 50 or 75 yards with just steel targets all over the place.

Allen

If you have contacts for getting entry to that I like to join in too as I and another member are just down and up the street from there. I'm traveling to Pala shooting range every 2 weeks on my Monday off. I try to be there before they open as there is often little to no wind in the morning. But as the day gets warmer it the wind picks up. For me that's a 1.5 hour drive to and sometimes a 2 hour drive back depending on when i decide to leave. But then again my addiction is strong, I love shooting 200 yards and I want to go to the 300 yard line soon.

View attachment 282259
When I first went there I shot the steel targets from 25 to 100. They also have a hand gun section that goes out to about 50 or 75 yards with just steel targets all over the place.

Allen
I wish you guys the best of luck, but don’t hold your breath waiting to get an okay from whoever In that municipality holds the keys. It won’t be as simple as just gaining access (even if that we’re a possibility), you’d also have to come up with some kind of insurance policy as well. Frankly, I think the roadblocks would be too many and too large to overcome.

Caution Sarcasm Ahead:
On a lighter note; you could drive up to COMPTON as nobody there seems to care about publicly firing powder burners.
The downside of course is those homies would perhaps return your fire. :cool:
"CPT" i think are still a can of worms, people their stacking their nine and busting caps in things. :giggle:

While small absolutely no place to shoot in the whole of Denmark, unless you know someone that know someone that have private land.
The gun clubs here are wayyyyyyy too conservative to let airguns in, especially if they shoot in strange none olympic ways like benchrest or field target.

There's a creek bed that I used to occasionally use off of Live Oak in Orange County. It's about two miles beyond Cook's Corner off of Santiago. Stealth was required as it wasn't exactly legal... Look for the bridge with dead motorcyclist memorials tacked to the trees. (I knew one of them.) That bridge goes over the creek bed.

MCAS Tustin has been heavily developed since it was closed, and the El Toro base is off limits as well. The Irvine range has been closed since the tollway went through.

I think Burro Canyon shooting Park is still open in Azusa, but they don't have airgun specific ranges. It was fairly convenient when I lived in Covina and Glendora. Pigeon Ridge was nearby, but has been closed since '95, I think. Fish Canyon in Duarte was a favorite, too. But there are condos there now. Sad...

I used to go up the 395 out beyond Adelanto between Edwards and George AFB, but I imagine that's been restricted as well.

Unfortunately, Ca just isn't friendly to the shooting sports anymore.

Good luck,

J~

Reactions: Sempergumby8
I am currently shooting in my backyard with a suppressor, the maximum distance is 15 yards. It is getting kind of boring now. Would anyone know where I can go shoot airguns legally near Long Beach, CA? Never hunted anything either except rats in the backyards, any pointers on where to go for a city person?

I live in Ventura county. The best open range I have found is in Lake Piru. $33 for the whole day. Very wide. Multiple shooting lanes. Not Crowded. Very safe and nice range officers. Ranges up to over 400 yards (not that I need such distances). They will let us use the pistol range or rifle range. Very nice folks unlike some of the indoor range people. Plus the noise is more bearable being outside hearing gunfire compared to shooting with 20 other people in a tube.

Yeah unfortunately for us in the Southern California area there really isn't anywhere to shoot except the ranges for real guns.

I go to Angeles Shooting Range but that is super far from Long Beach. It's a 600 yard shooting range and I go there to shoot long distance but it is usually very windy there.

I'm on the LA/OC border and there's nowhere really around me to shoot. There's a 50 yard range in Chino but even that is like 30 miles from me. I go to FT3 Tactical if I'm zeroing my rifles there since I usually zero around 20-25 yards, but for actual shooting at distance I'll go to Angeles Shooting Range or Raahauge's. Anything like 100 yards or longer, only options are going to be the outdoor ranges, but they're gonna be pretty far from you.
The CASA Air gun CLub shoots at that range I believe. THey have Field Target Events there im sure on at least a monthly basis. Ive shot there before and they always have a great course set up. And theyre a great bunch of guys with a ton of knowledge to pass on. Plus Tim McMurray/Mac 1 Airguns shoots there with the guys. You can get with him and buy an awesome USFT air rifle.

I live in Ventura county. The best open range I have found is in Lake Piru. $33 for the whole day. Very wide. Multiple shooting lanes. Not Crowded. Very safe and nice range officers. Ranges up to over 400 yards (not that I need such distances). They will let us use the pistol range or rifle range. Very nice folks unlike some of the indoor range people. Plus the noise is more bearable being outside hearing gunfire compared to shooting with 20 other people in a tube.
That is SOOO far from where the OP is, or even most of us LA county guys. I'd rather go to Angeles which is pretty far too depending on what part of LA county you're in.

I hate indoor ranges for my air rifles, but I go if I need to set up my scopes. I go to FT3 in OC, it's 25 yards but it's longer than most indoor ranges. It's a nice range, but I hate how there's always some goofballs shooting rifles in a 25 yard range. Nobody is needing to zero at 25 yards with any rifle except maybe a 22lr. The boom and concussion since a lot of people are running muzzle brakes makes it unbearable to shoot next to someone with a rifle. Other than that, it's a nice place to setup a scope.