• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Where to go shoot airguns in Long Beach, CA?

That sounds tough.. I'd look for indoor "rental ranges" possibly with an option for annual membership. You'll likely find plenty at 25 yards possibly some 50 yard ones as well. The thing is there will be mainly PB shooters there so not very relaxing if you're looking for airgun only quiet. Another backyard option might be 10 meter pistol/rifle practice. Yeah, the airguns are pricey but they are quiet so should be no issues with the neighbors.

Gotta be careful.
I'm about 35 miles away and the local police said, "nope", not legally. Even though I'm in an "unincorporated area".

If I did, and no one complained, that's one thing. But they are concerned about ricochets, and pellet fragments in the next door yard, window, cat or dog...kid !

So yeah...I also have a short range. Across my living room and down the hall into a foam archery target. If I feel brave, I can take a coupla steps out the back door !
You work with what you have I guess.

I'm going to try an indoor range that's about 25+ miles away for some firearm shooting in the next few weeks. I'll ask about using the pellet guns.

Mike

Yeah unfortunately for us in the Southern California area there really isn't anywhere to shoot except the ranges for real guns.

I go to Angeles Shooting Range but that is super far from Long Beach. It's a 600 yard shooting range and I go there to shoot long distance but it is usually very windy there.

I'm on the LA/OC border and there's nowhere really around me to shoot. There's a 50 yard range in Chino but even that is like 30 miles from me. I go to FT3 Tactical if I'm zeroing my rifles there since I usually zero around 20-25 yards, but for actual shooting at distance I'll go to Angeles Shooting Range or Raahauge's. Anything like 100 yards or longer, only options are going to be the outdoor ranges, but they're gonna be pretty far from you.

Reactions: RCK and Smitty911
Gotta be careful.
I'm about 35 miles away and the local police said, "nope", not legally. Even though I'm in an "unincorporated area".

If I did, and no one complained, that's one thing. But they are concerned about ricochets, and pellet fragments in the next door yard, window, cat or dog...kid !

So yeah...I also have a short range. Across my living room and down the hall into a foam archery target. If I feel brave, I can take a coupla steps out the back door !
You work with what you have I guess.

I'm going to try an indoor range that's about 25+ miles away for some firearm shooting in the next few weeks. I'll ask about using the pellet guns.

Mike
The trick is not tell a soul. Make sure when you shoot that you're using something quiet like rubber mulch as a backstop.

Of course the police are going to tell you it's against the law. That's what they do. But if you have a good backing, you'll never have to worry about pellet fragments, ricochets, etc.

I've been shooting in my back yard in the heart of SoCal for over 40 years. Be safe, keep it quiet, and no one will know.

The trick is not tell a soul. Make sure when you shoot that you're using something quiet like rubber mulch as a backstop.

Of course the police are going to tell you it's against the law. That's what they do. But if you have a good backing, you'll never have to worry about pellet fragments, ricochets, etc.

I've been shooting in my back yard in the heart of SoCal for over 40 years. Be safe, keep it quiet, and no one will know.
Don't tell a soul..?? Who are you kidding ?

Just HOW do I go about that ? My neighbors are a very thin fence away ! I'm surprised that no one has questioned me about my shooting (noise !) in the house !
The gun's report would have to be "silent" for many of my neighbors not...to hear me.
The police were being nice, there's ALWAYS crappy neighbors somewhere close by.

Mike

I think that the police range in Long Beach has been closed. Tim (of Mac-1) used to train kids there. I'd give him a call and see what he recommends.

Other than that, L.A. Crest, Lytle Creek, and Burro Canyon are your best outdoor pay to shoot options. Pachmayr in South El Monte used to have an airgun range, but I doubt it's still there. You might give them a call.

Pachmayr International
8831 N. Rosemead Blvd
South El Monte, California 91733
Phone:626- 579-5201
Facilities:Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays

I used to go up the 395 beyond Adelanto into the desert with the powder guns, but that's probably off limits nowadays.

I do feel for you. It got bad enough that I moved to a more free state. I do miss In-N-Out. A little...

Luck,

J~

Don't tell a soul..?? Who are you kidding ?

Just HOW do I go about that ? My neighbors are a very thin fence away ! I'm surprised that no one has questioned me about my shooting (noise !) in the house !
The gun's report would have to be "silent" for many of my neighbors not...to hear me.
The police were being nice, there's ALWAYS crappy neighbors somewhere close by.

Mike
The hysterical and, quite frankly, insulting tone of your post as it applies to my well-meaning and helpful advice is more than a little inappropriate.

The great thing about advice is that it's free and you don't have to take it. But there's no need to be unpleasant about it if you choose to ignore it.

Honestly, and I say this without rancor, if you get this upset over someone's helpful advice, then maybe you should reconsider owning guns of any sort.
I think that the police range in Long Beach has been closed. Tim (of Mac-1) used to train kids there. I'd give him a call and see what he recommends.

Other than that, L.A. Crest, Lytle Creek, and Burro Canyon are your best outdoor pay to shoot options. Pachmayr in South El Monte used to have an airgun range, but I doubt it's still there. You might give them a call.

Pachmayr International
8831 N. Rosemead Blvd
South El Monte, California 91733
Phone:626- 579-5201
Facilities:Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays

I used to go up the 395 beyond Adelanto into the desert with the powder guns, but that's probably off limits nowadays.

I do feel for you. It got bad enough that I moved to a more free state. I do miss In-N-Out. A little...

Luck,

J~
Though CASA used to hold field target matches there at one time, airguns have not been allowed at that range for at least 25 years.