Where to buy Yong Heng?

Hello all,

I'm looking to buy a Yong Heng, preferably the setable auto shut off model. I have found them at $265 on ebay, $330 on Amazon, to which I can add a $22 4 year protection plan, and Walmart, when they're in stock, has them around $360-380 plus $30 or so for an extended warranty. 

Is the Walmart warranty worth it? I've read it doesn't do a whole lot when you try to get items repaired or replaced. At almost $150 more for a Walmart vendor and their warranty, is it really worth it? I was thinking $150 would pay for a lot of pellets and parts to repair the compressor if it has a problem. 

How did you all get your compressors? Is the warranty really worth it? Both Walmart and Amazon are third party warranties, which I normally don't take much stock in.

-Michael

I buy a lot on Amazon and trust them for returns in the first 30 days, but I was wondering about the extended warranties. Amazon themselves don't care much about a purchase after the initial return period. I've read folks talking about getting an extended warranty on the YH because they aren't super reliable, but I haven't heard of anyone actually getting one repaired or replaced under an extended warranty and don't want to waste money on a panacea of security that doesn't exist

I bought the most basic unit off Ebay this time last year. What I noticed is when a new batch hits the States the price is lowered and at the time was $229 delivered. As they sell through the inventory they raise the price until the next shipment comes in when they lower it again. They are very simple machines and the cost of shipping doesn't justify sending t in on a warranty claim unless you have a complete catastrophic failure. Covid has changed things and shipping with UPS is through the roof so I don't know if any warranty is worth it right now?

i got my hung low from amazon ... it was the one sold by 'smarketbuy' for 295 or sumpin .. came in original unbroken factory packaging and has all the features auto shutoff dial and all that .. was pretty pleased .. i dont care about no warranty on something like that .. compressors are about a grand+ and this should last a long time well taken care of with casual use, when it blows get another one .. if you plan on filling 5 scuba tanks per day i would suggest you get an industrial grade compressor ..

There were examples of Wal-Mart just refunding the money and the buyers got almost free DIY fix compressors.

Amazon gave free Benjamin Akela that only needed minor trigger adjustment and the (Hatsan?) TUXING compressor with a non working fan got full refund and buyer got to keep compressor too.

All cases winners purchased the extended 4 year protection plan. Oh the Akela didn't have the option anyway.

Apparently some sellers don't wanna deal with returns.

I can't comment on buyers who did not pay the extra for compressor Protection plan.

Feel free to search out the examples posted on this forum. 

EBay ANOTHER recent example- seller DIDN'T wanna deal with returns-

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/not-so-afraid-of-chinese-compressor-guts-any-more/?referrer=1

I dont know why ppl care and worried so much about the 4 year warranty. Really? For a yong heng. You are getting your money worth if it last a year. Company making very little profit on these and to ship these heavy compressor cost almost as much as the compressor, and you worried about getting your money back after 4 years? I understand if you get a broken item on arrival, but if it survive a year or so you should be happy you getting your money worth. If it breaks after a year, use it as parts and get a new compressor. They so freaking cheap. I buy mine off ebay for $250 a few years back. My first one broke after a year, I keep it as parts. My 2nd still running fine. Is it really worth the trouble trying get it repair after 2 to 3 years let alone 4 years? Come on its only less than $300. We spend that much weekly on daily items. A lot of people who wants the extended warranty just wanna rip these small companies off. They cried their little butts off when they only have a minor problem and theaten seller they will report to their credit card company if they don't get refund or replacement. Usually these small companies don't even want to bother shipping it back so most time offer the buyer to just keep it and send them a new compressor for free and have the old one as parts. I guess some ppl can live with ripping small business off. To ship these compressor cost like $100, that's why most don't even bother wanting it ship back.

My experience- I bought 3 of them last year.

1st was from Walmart - still running great- no problems-

2nd from Amazon- bought it as a back up just in case. That one was missing some of the parts - had to order them separately ( basically missing all the little accessories- hose , bleeder knobs , etc.) I ordered everything that was missing & got it ready to go incase Walmart one dies.

3rd was ordered from EBay ( was the cheapest price of the 3 ) I paid for it and it never shipped - sent numerous emails to the seller, with no replies. Sent eBay message, they investigated and sent me a refund.

If we’re me , I’d buy another from Walmart. 

Contact several sellers on Ebay and ask if the units are genuine yong heng. Some will not respond so you know those are not or the seller isn't serious about communication. Buy one with two bleed valves and NO automatic shutoff because it costs more money and as per the manufacturer you are supposed to open the bleed valves BEFORE shutting the unit down. Sorry but the auto shutoff will not do that. I paid $231 for mine two years ago and love it however I fill my Mrod directly so it doesn't get hotter than 35C. These units have to be bled off while running to remove moisture so you have to be near by. Also read the reviews of the seller, especially the ones by people who have bought the item you are looking at.