Where to Buy Foster Fitting Adapters??? 1/8 BSPP

Hey, Nate here from Airgun Channel. I get alot of guns in and I need to supply my own 1/8th quick disconnect foster fittings. I am pretty much out and I need to know a good place to buy these. Last time I got a 3 pack on eBay and they had the white "delrin ?" hard plastic ring inside them. Now I can only find the ones below. They have the "rubber/metal" washer...but I'm afraid they won't have the white plastic ring inside. 

Anyone know where I can get some of these complete and ready to go? ...hopefully priced OK. 

...or maybe just the hard plastic rings...that would work too. Thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402946329370?hash=item5dd1790b1a:g:8ZAAAOSwlyhg1ZV0

foster.1632966714.JPG

Amazon has several suppliers for these fittings, but none so cheap. Be aware of shipping problems now troubling merchandise from both Europe and China and be prepared to wait it out - if they say up to 5 weeks they mean it (sometimes).

The delrin rings are also available, but judging from the time quote for shipping, also from China:

From the Amazon website:

20pcs Paintball PCP High Pressure PTFE M10/M8 O-Ring Gasket Air Seal Sealing for Mini Gauge pcp Hand Pump Female Connector

Brand: UP100

4.8 out of 5 stars 8 ratings

• Paintball airsoft pcp High Pressure PTFE M8 & M10 & BSPP/NPT O-Ring Gasket Air Seal Sealing oring
  • Color: white; Material: PTFE; Use for: M10 , M8 or BSPP/NPT thread sealing.
  • The size of M10: outside diameter 8.5mm; inner diameter 3.45mm; thickness 2.85mm; The size of M8: outside diameter 6.8mm; inner diameter: 2.88mm; thickness 2.7mm; The size of BSPP/NPT: outside diameter 8.5mm; inner diameter: 3.4mm; thickness 2.6mm
  • Used for pressure gauge or coupler seal or other high pressure sealing
  • Package content: 20 x PTFE O-Ring Gasket

Air Venturi brand Quick disconnects, both male and female,(sold by Pyramyd) and other suppliers, including Amazon, are also available, but more expensive. I bought two from them when I got a Hill compressor, and have had no leaking problems, or fit problems with them. Pyramyd is tricky though, They charge $5.00 each for the necessary special washer. Factor in shipping costs when buying the stuff, it can quickly erase any price advantage.

I obtained several of these washers directly from Hill at the same time I obtained a service kit for their compressor. ~$4.00 for 5 of them. Someone on the forum somewhere said these fittings and sealing washers are standard stock items at hydraulic supply places and are cheap. I don't know about that first hand.

That rubber lined metal washer is essential with BSPP fittings - parallel body threads, not tapered body (..."PT"...meaning pipe taper) , and cannot be made reliably gas tight at our pressures without that type of seal. On the plus side, they only need to be tightened securely, not with a 18" pipe wrench. The seal makes them airtight, not gorilla arms.

There are a number of websites that clarify the mysteries of British threading (...bspp, bspt) (8mm, 10mm), and the US npt (1/8. 1/4, 3/8, etc.) threading. You'll learn you can 'make' most similar threads compatible with a large enough wrench, only maybe, and certainly only once . Don't make that mistake or you'll be trashing otherwise good stuff.

JE, reporting from the Cascadia Subduction Zone

Hi Nate. Both types of seals are effective but in some situations, one or the other is not suitable. If the male thread is more than 1/8 inch longer than the female socket then you must use the plastic disc type and vise-versa for the Dowty washer. Both types can be bought separately and cheaply. Anything shipped from China at the moment will require a long wait. If you need them in a hurry then maybe Amazon is a better choice but double check that you order the correct thread type. I think that most of their stuff is NPT and that is a tapered thread and requires tape or glue.

Hey, Thanks for all the great info. I have a much better understanding of it now. ...so I don't need a plastic washer and a rubber/metal washer, just one or the other. Thanks for the tips on 8mm/10mm. I think the UK is where I ordered my last 3 pack about 2 years ago. Time for a refill! I'm going to order from Amazon too though.

I know all about the China thing. I order RC stuff from China all the time. Sometimes I'll order a small electronic part for some project, then by the time it comes, I can't remember why I ordered it. Too bad Amazon won't tell you if the item is coming from China. Ebay does tell you. 

Thanks again for the info. Great to have AGN! -Nate

My other hobby (not possible without China). That truck is over 4 feet long. It holds a full size AR rifle inside it. 12 channel remote means I can turn on and off up to 12 different 12v items. I have a semi truck horn in there too. I can shoot the full auto AR airsoft from my remote and also the truck has night vision (and day) live video feed (long range 1.2ghz). Those flashlights in front are IR illuminators. I can't get too into RC because I'm doing airguns right now....but some day I will switch gears.

Redcat Clawback if you want one. Top speed 5MPH or 11MPH with mod. It's a "crawler". 4 wheel steering. 

20210930_050503.1633004362.jpg

20210930_050514.1633004480.jpg

20210930_050733.1633005476.jpg