• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Where to buy Barrels?

I'm looking for perhaps 2 barrels, one for a .25 RAW and another for a .22 AirWolf. Both of my existing barrels are conventional rifling and perhaps there are better options available. I at present shoot pellets and not slugs. I'm not adverse to slugs especially if they can be shot from a primarily pellet barrel. My AW has had an issue from new and I've worked over everything except the barrel. On the .25 RAW I've been trying to put a different moderator on it because it is so loud and since most reflex options seem to require threading the barrel I figured why not get a new hopefully better barrel and have it threaded for a new reflex moderator. I can keep original barrel and moderator as is (best looking moderator around--just not quiet).

I need advice on type of barrel rather rifled, choked, polygonal or other. Next I need to know where to get it. Best would be from some one who can provide barrel threaded and finished to fit my rifle drop in. OEM RAW barrel has a rectangular port cut into the barrel which I cannot fabricate. I heard some smiths select/test barrels to find the good ones, perhaps RAW does as well. What are my chances of success? RAW is 16mm barrel (actually smaller, .62325" measured) about 22 7/8" long.

Have you considered just having your current barrels worked over by a fine gunsmith to salvage them prior to all the work required in re-barreling? I would only re-barrel if it were my very last option..and I feel you haven't ruled out prep work and simply threading your current barrel. For all you know the new barrel you seek even when prepped and machined to perfection might be out performed by your current barrels provided they were prepped and machined to equal extent. Just a thought...

I can't recommend any gun smiths that will do all the work you seek, although I am sure they are out there

You can buy barrel blanks direct from Lothar Walther with conventional or polygonal rifling, choked or unchoked. If shooting pellets at high velocity, I would get a choked poly barrel . Personally, I would contact the man himself, Martin Rutterford at airguns-usa.com since he’s the father of RAW airguns. He’s now in the custom gun business and can make up anything you want. He can advise you what type barrel and length will work best. Why not use a DonnyFL moderator? They work well.

You can buy barrel blanks direct from Lothar Walther with conventional or polygonal rifling, choked or unchoked. If shooting pellets at high velocity, I would get a choked poly barrel . Personally, I would contact the man himself, Martin Rutterford at airguns-usa.com since he’s the father of RAW airguns. He’s now in the custom gun business and can make up anything you want. He can advise you what type barrel and length will work best. Why not use a DonnyFL moderator? They work well.

I’ll do that. I know he likes you to send rifle and who knows wait time. I got reply from SPAW and they said get barrel from RAW and also don’t thread poly barrel since it relaxes the choke. My goal was removable reflex moderator for gun without a shroud. A shroud would be fine but barrel to bottle clearance is small. I saw pictures of a shroud from UK builder that was concave on bottom for the bottle—really trick. 

I’ll do that. I know he likes you to send rifle and who knows wait time. I got reply from SPAW and they said get barrel from RAW and also don’t thread poly barrel since it relaxes the choke. My goal was removable reflex moderator for gun without a shroud. A shroud would be fine but barrel to bottle clearance is small. I saw pictures of a shroud from UK builder that was concave on bottom for the bottle—really trick.

Donny could make an adapter that clamps on to the O.D. of the barrel negating the need to thread it.